Eager Blu

Home. I missed my mom so much, but Australia was good for Matthew and our relationship. He's been doing so good since the funeral.

"Mom, wake up." I called as the little machine pumped her full of her medicine to numb her pain. "Do you feel okay?" I asked and she smiled.

"Yes baby, I'm so glad your back. I'm going to get that Matthew for taking my baby away." She joked making me laugh. I held her hand as she talked and I told her about my trip.

"Sounds eventful." She commented and I laughed. "You haven't changed a bit, Mom. By eventful you mean tasteless or not classy." I said and she smiled softly.

"I'm going to miss you so much. Promise me you'll change my flowers all the time. I don't want anyone walking by thinking my family doesn't care about me." She said to me and tears welled in my eyes.

"Don't talk like that momma. You're getting better not worse." I said to her pulling her hand to my forehead in a praying motion.

"I'm tired." She replied and I sighed. "Okay, Mom, okay. I don't give you permission to leave me any time soon though." I said and she laid her head down, falling asleep.

I kissed her forehead and headed out. I pulled up outside Matthew's and he was working on another car. It was so nice looking.

"New whip?" I asked and he groaned. "No, Blu. No new car lingo." He said and I laughed.

"Are you working on another car?" I asked and he shook his head. "Yeah, I just saw it and I was like let's make beauty out of junk." He said.

"You could actually just afford one of these with your nice new back account, you're basically a trust fund kid." I said laughing. He glared at me.

"I haven't lost my roots though. Rose said do something good with the money. I will and I'm not wasting it on buying designer cars." He spoke.

"Heartfelt, I like it." I said kissing his cheek. He pushed me away playfully.

"Enough of the kissy shit." He said to me and I laughed harder. "Still haven't caught on to the whole having a girlfriend thing?" I teased and he smirked at me.

"Certainly not." I laughed at him and looked into his trying to see my future.

"We graduate in three weeks! The day we've all dreamed of." I said to him and he groaned. "That sounds dreadful. I dream of nice, fun things. Not long speeches and bad choirs singing "All in This Together" from High School Musical. You can count me out." He said and I gasped.

"You're coming to graduation even if I have to drag you there." I retorted laughing even with my heavy conscious.

I grabbed his arm and pulled him away from his car rather junk right now. He wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed me.

"After graduation, Katie starts touring again for the summer." I sighed into his chest. He pulled back. "How long have you known?" He asked me sternly.

"A little while." I whispered. "Damn it, Blu. I swear the universe doesn't want us to work." He said as he grabbed his tools and went back to screwing and unscrewing.

"I know, baby, but we can make this work." I told him running my hand through my hair. "No, I don't think so. This time is like the millionth thing that has come between us. I don't feel like it'll work." He said.

"Okay. I'm heading out." I replied hoping he'd tell me no and we could talk about it. I mean we're closer now. He's told me things I didn't know before, maybe he's changed.

"Alright." He spoke without turning around. So much for wishful thinking.

The drive home was solemn, yet blurry. Maybe I should put Katie behind, like stop recording, touring, tv shows all of it. I love that boy more than anything. I'd sacrifice this and more for him.