Chapter 6

"Your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own unguarded thoughts"

-Buddha-

***

Destiny's P.O.V

Her small speech is finally done. I see her coming dowm from the stage. The party continued, Stefano and the others left first to grab some food and drinks and i am left to take care of Alan, then out of nowhere, she walks our way.

"You, are you the new wife of Stefano ?" She says in all her glory while looking at me. I nod, and she says in one of those sarcastic tone. "I didn't kno Stefano had such a taste in women, no wonder he was always such a weirdo"

This woman is straight forwardly rude, who just said that to a stranger she has just met. That us extremely out of manner.

Meanwhile, before i realize it, Alan approach that woman and hug her legs.

"Mama ! I miss chu !" He says in a rather childish tone, unlike his usual tone. But her reaction is something i have never imagined before.

She literally move her legs in a harsh way, making Alan falls to the floor. I immediately help him up, then, with a sinister look, she starts speaking.

"My, my, who could it be ? My child with Stefano ?" She gives a smirk, before she approaches Alan.

"Listen here, boy, i have never recognized you as my son, i never wanted a child with that bastard, and you, are never my child in my eyes" she says that without hesitation.

I can see Alan heartbroken expression, it hurts me to see him being hurt.

Then, out of reflexes, i snap, and i slap her in the face.

"How could you say that to your own son !" I says half shouting, it must have catched quite a bit of attention as several heads start turning our way now.

I am to angry to even bother with what those people think. For me, Alan feelings are more important.

"You ! How dare you !" She holds her hands up in the air, trying to slap me back, i close my eyes in anticipation. But that slap just doesn't come.

"Is this the way a host treating her guest ?" I hear a voice i never recognize. I open my eyes to see a blonde man with purple eyes ? No, those are more like transparent blue, it's such a strange color.

"Pierre !" She says in surprise, it seems like she does recognize this man.

That man called Pierre immediately let go of her hand. And then, i hear Stefano voice approaching.

"That's enough Meredith" i turn around to see him coming our way. "You know i won't tolerate it when someone mocks my wife and son" he has a sharp gaze on his face. Such a scary expression i have never seen before.

"Now, Stefano, i was just... greeting them" her voice slightly shakes, being intimidated by two powerful men right now must have that effect even on such a powerful lady i guess.

"Fine !" She gives me one last glare before leaving.

"Pierre, thanks" Stefano greets that man and they both exchange friendly smile.

"Long time no see, Stefano"

"It seems like you just came back from Swiss again this time"

"You know me well"

I stand there in confusion as the two men just exchange words. Then, their gaze returns to me and Alan.

"Alan, Destiny, are you hurt ?" I see concerns in Stefano eyes as he says so. I shake my head and Alan does the same.

"By the way, Destiny, this is Pierre, he has been my friend and businness partner for seven years, when i first started building my empire"

This man must have done a lot for Stefano and vice versa, i better be respectful.

"Nice to meet you, um"

"Just call me Pierre"

"Yes, Pierre" we stare at each other for like a minute before i get cut by Stefano's words.

"Ah, i think it's time we go home, Alan has school tomorrow and after all that happened tonight, it's wise if we leave as soon as possible" i nod agreeing to that, i mean, come on, i don't want to see that woman again.

"Let's just go home"

***

Celine's P.O.V

"How dare you !" I see as Meredith trying to slap Destiny. Then, i see him, Pierre, holding Meredith hands back.

Pierre... he has returned, hasn't he ? That guy, after leaving without any words for two years. Now he just comes back.

How could i forget ? After what he has done to me two years ago. When he dumped me who was his fiancee at that moment. That man, how can he comes back with no shame.

My brother is just being all friendly with him, there is something in me that just do not like that.

But keeping him aside, Destiny, she is a fierce woman when it comes to protecting her beloved ones. I approve her for that. I guess i am just glad that my brother has find a proper woman who is not after his money.

"Now, what is mon cherié thinking about ?" I turn around to see Romeo standing there. Seriously, why does this guy keep following me ?

"Now, don't look so intense, i just come here for a friendly approach, you know ?" He approaches me.

"What do you want ?" I glare at him. I am not in the mood of serving another problem.

"You, of course" hearing those words, i am about to punch him in the face when he continues.

"I want to take you on a date"

I take a deep breath hearing those words, gosh, this guy is annoying.

"

I don't date younger men" it is not a lie, i have never dated a younger guy, i have no interest in doing so.

"Then, try it with me" he approaches me, and his face is getting closer and closer.

Out of reflexes, i kick him in where it hurts, and let myself out of his range.

"That hurts !"

With my usual calm and composed manner, i reply.

"Serves you right"