Chapter 32

"Tell the truth or someone will tell it for you"

-Stephanie Klein-

***

Destiny's P.O.V

With slight nervousness on my throat, I slowly step into the restaurant, and when I look around, I see him, that fatherly figure of mine, who has put me into these whole situation.

I hate him, but I cannot hate him at the same time. I guess it's true when they say that blood is thicker than water, and right now, I am hesitating whether I should be happy or be angry toward him.

I walk into him and I can tell he already notices my presence. And unlike what most people think of my father, he isn't one of those wrinkly old man with obese stomach and white hair who always spent their money on cigarette or alcohol, your stereotypical old man, instead, my father still has that forty something 80's American actor look on his face, even though he is pure British, with brown hair and light tan skin, and he isn't exactly the most fit looking man, but he can definitely rock a suit without looking like a snobby old jerk.

And that is the reason why most gold digger thinks he is the perfect person to date with, but little do they know, he is just a man with gambling addiction, which means he has no money and lots of debt inherited to his daughter.

I walk toward his way and I find him smiling at me, how ridiculous. I stand up and give him a judging look, while he chuckles and ask me to just sit down.

"What do you want, Papa ?"

I give him a glare, I can still remember what's inside the letter he gave me the other day, and for the point that he can even put it inside my house without the knowing of Stefano is impressive. I don't know how he did that but it was something.

"Well, don't be too harsh on me, will you ?" Not too long, a waitress comes with some drinks and two plates of pasta. After thanking her, I look back at my dad.

"I ordered your favorite pasta when you were little, hahaha... I am such a good father, am I not ?"

Is that supposed to be a sarcasm or what ? Or is he just that numb headed ? I am not trying to be mean but it's hard for me to accept any kind of joke right now, not going to lie, it's a truth, and I feel like he is making fun of me right now.

"Just tell me, why do you have to contact me again ? Don't you know I am even here because of you ? You were the one who left me with all the debt and it was like you sold me to him, and tell me, how can you even do that !?"

Without realizing it, slight tears begin flowing into my eyes. I don't even know why I am crying right now because I know I am not supposed to cry. I hate it when things like this happen, sudden outburst of tears on the wrong timing is just the worst.

"Hey, come on, don't cry" he tries to look a little bit sympathetic but I know it's all just his attempt to gain my trust or whatever he wants.

"How did you find me, and how could you appear on Agata's wedding ?" I ask him with slight curiosity.

"Oh, that's, it's pretty easy, really, I mean, who doesn't know the grand party of the spoiled Grand Capello's third child, second daughter, Agata Capello ? and also, I am just amazing at sneaking in, it's in my blood"