Chapter 38

"One of the remarkable things about love is that, despite very irritating people writing poems and songs about how pleasant it is, it really is quite pleasant"

-Lemony Snicket-

***

Stefano's P.O.V

The blinding light begins getting inside me as I step into the hall, the party is held on the second floor, and as I walk in, I can already see some people that I recognize very well have just arrived here as well.

I enter the elevator and reaches the second floor, and there, most guests have already arrived, they are all important people just like me, and most of them bring along their partners or couple, which makes me feel slightly irritated, looking from my current situation.

The party is just like any other fancy party I have previously attended, since this is a business related party, everyone aren't exactly dressed in diamonds and gold, but still fancy enough to show off their titles and prides.

I guess it's getting a little bit ordinary the more you spend time and effort with these kind of high end people, and that is exactly why, I am really attracted to Destiny, because despite everything I have given to her, she still remains as a humble lady that she has always been.

"Ah, Mr Capello, I'm so glad you can come" I turn my back to see whose voice it belongs to and I see a 5"0 tall figure of the owner of DN Time, Augustine Veloce, An Italian boss. He has sleek black hair and pale skin, with brown eyes, and though he is short and has some wrinkles here and there, he has a lot of influence and personality amongst the high end community.

"Thank you for inviting me, Mr Veloce, and congratulation on opening a new branch here, how is your daughter condition ?"

He laughs at it and pats my shoulder.

"You don't have to be so formal, your dad and I are pretty close, so you just have to call me Augustine, and how unfortunate it is that your parents cannot attend this party, I heard they are currently enjoying their old time in Jamaica ?"

"Yes, they travel a lot these days and are rarely seen at their residential house"

"Oh, that's great, i think I will also retire next year and hand over this company to my son, Romano, you know, though my daughter is the eldest, she is just too free to care, hahaha, just like her mother"

"Roxanna Veloce is certainly one fierce lady" I try complimenting her daughter, which is famous for her fierceness and unlike most upper class ladies, she prefers to do things her own way and refuse to be tied to any kind of family affair and stuff like that, how convenient.

"Oh, well, I think I need to do something, have fun, Mr Capello, or should I say, Stefano ?" He chuckles as he walks away.

I like that man, he doesn't even bother to ask me about my partner or why I came alone tonight, very initiative.

Suddenly there is a phone call and when I see the number, it's from Wendy.

I pick it up and begin hearing Wendy's voice on the other line, and she sounds a bit worrying.

"Hello, Stefano ? Are you still at London now ?"

"What is it, Wendy ?" I ask her with slight curiosity, since she doesn't sound that good.