Chapter 10

"Just close your eyes and enjoy the roller coaster, that is life"

-Zayn Malik-

***

Destiny's P.O.V

Today is the big day as we are planning ourselves to the amusement park. Alan doesn't know about it yet so it will also be a nice surprise.

I enter his room as i bring a round chocolate cake with seven candles on top and melted chocholate everywhere and put it on a nearby desk.

Alan is still sleeping soundly with an angelic expression on his face. I shake his body gently and wake him up.

It takes a few minutes until he finally opens his eyes and sit on the bed. Stefano enters the room at the same time, which i didn't expect.

"Happy birthday, sweetie" i say followed by Stefano. Alan seems dazed for a bit but then he put on a big grin on his face. He stands up on the floor and approach me while giving a big hug.

"Thank you, mama !" I return his hug and his eyes move into Stefano.

"So, papa doesn't get a hug now ?" He says teasingly. Alan chuckles and run toward him and give him the same big hug i received.

We ask him to get dressed first and after he takes a warm shower with the help of one of the maid, he returns to the room and look at the now lit candles on the cake.

"So, do you want to make a wish ?" I ask him, his face seems confused for a moment.

"We've never done it before" Stefano says cutting through the silence. I see, so that is why.

"Let's see..." i approach him to tell him about the whole make a wish situation. His eyes lit at the words and the belief that our wish would come true after we blow the candle on our birthday.

He nods in understandment and close his eyes to make a wish. I wonder what is he wishing for ?
Whatever it is, i just believe that it is something good and wise.

We cut the cake and eat part of it. The cake was bought by Stefano on a famous and fancy patissiere shop in Italy, so it should taste good and it does. I guess he really loves Alan after all.

This time, Alan eats without having any chocolate on his face, but it seems like it's me who gets in trouble this time, as both Alan and Stefano laugh at my face which left me confused at first, before Stefano starts speaking.

"You have chocolate smeared on your face" he leans closer to me before suddenly kissing the side of my lips, getting rid of the chocolate.

"I thought Wendy already taught you ?" He says half smirking. Alan stares at us as if he just saw something new.

"Not in front of him" i half whisper to Stefano, but Mr Well Mannered is too busy right now. Geez, i am pretty sure my face is more red than tomato right now.

"Does Papa love mama ?" He asks all of a sudden. Both of us has a surprised expression toward that question, but Alan innocent face makes it hard to not answer.

"Sure, of course papa loves mama" he says as he force a smile. Alan smiles as well hearing that as he continues stuffing his mouth with cake.

My heart throbs for a moment, is it really true ? Does he really love me ? Isn't it just a part of the contract ?

I immediately shake those questions off, i just want to enjot the moment i have right now.

It seems like we are too full to eat more breakfast, so i guess the chocolate cake is all we will eat this morning.

And now for the birthday present.

We close his eyes with a piece of cloth and guide him to the living room. As we arrive there, we slowly open the cloth and i can see Alan's eyes lighten.

"No way !" He run excitedly to the box on the table.

"It's a golden retriever puppy !" He half shout in excitement.

I approach him and kneel beside him. "Do you like it ?" I ask, he looks at me and laugh.

"Like it ? Mama, i love it !" He keeps on stroking and patting the puppy in front of him. Gently so that he doesn't scare it.

"It was your mama's idea" Stefano approach us and pat Alan's hair.

"No, it was papa who bought it" i say. Alan stop patting him and drag both of our hands and hug us all at once.

I can almost see tears on his eyes but just like his father, he doesn't like to cry.

"What would you name him ?" I ask since the puppy is a male one. Alan thinks for a while before he half shout "Casper ! I want to name him Casper !"

Casper ? That is a good name choice. I nod in approval and he smiles.

"But don't be too excited now" Stefano says making Alan put on another confused face as he holds Casper on his tiny arms.

"There is still one more surprise" Stefano asks him to search around the box and Alan does as told.

Then i can see his eyes widen once again as he finds the hidden ticket in the bottom of the box that was covered with a dark cloth.

"We are going to amusement park today" i finish the sentence. And now for the first time in a while, he bursts into tears. His eyes are so full of tears he can't even talk properly. I am taken back a little but then i grab some tissue and wipe his tears.

"Now, don't cry, let's prepare everything, okay ?" I say as i rub his back to calm him down a little bit.

Still with the messy face, he nods as he walks to his room.

"Children are something" i say to myself when i feel Stefano hands wrap around my waist from behind and his face right above my shoulder that surprises me a little.

"Thank you" he says in a whispering tone as he kiss my neck gently.

"I'm lucky to have you as my wife and his mother" he continues, leaving me speechless for words.

"I love you"