Chapter 31

"Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil, hold fast to what is good"

-Romans 12:9, ESV-

***

Destiny's P.O.V

I am on the edge of deciding things right now, not sure if I have to do what the letter say or what. Because honestly I don't want to meet my papa, but at the same time, I am curious about what he has to say.

It has been a few days since I receive the letter, I guess I have been thinking about it so much that without even realizing it, I have been slacking off from my soon to be finished training route, but looking at me these past few days, Wendy has been shaking her head a lot, and it makes me feel even worse.

So this morning, she tells me to take a break first from my training and invites me to go to her house, which isn't too far away from Stefano's house, and me having the need to take things off my chest, I agree and after making breakfast for Alan like usual before he goes to school, I go to her house using a car.

When I first arrive at her house, my first impression is how nice and tidy looking this house look from the outside. It's a one floor house with a balcony on the first floor. The wall is painted in a medium light blue color and there are two windows on both side of the front framed with white frame. And there is a decent sized yard with some flower bushes decorating the side.

This house looks like a really nice and comfy house, and it doesn't give off the high end vibe, but a calming and relaxed vibe instead, which I would expect from Wendy.

I ring the bell and I hear a voice from inside telling me to wait, before I finally get the door opened and I see Wendy's figure, and totally different from her usual formal attire, the Wendy in front of me is wearing a pretty comfortable one piece floral printed casual dress that you can wear at home, and she has her hair loose to her shoulder and her face isn't covered in makeup which reveal her slightly dark under eye, maybe she got them from tiredness, or lack of sleep.

"Oh, there you are, would you please come in ?" She gives me a smile as she asks me to come in. I nod and make my way in, and she slowly closes the door.

I get in and find that the home style of this house is very vintage like, everything is well arranged, and every single piece in this house looks like they are full of history and memories, I'm pretty sure Wendy is on her 50's or something, though she always appear young, and probably all of these is a part of her style, which I find really interesting,

"Come take a seat" she gestures to the seat near her, and I immediately take a seat.

"I'll go get us some tea, are you okay with that ?"

I nod.

She smiles and goes to the kitchen. I'm pretty sure she is supposed to have at least a helper to take care of the house, but I don't feel anyone's presence in this house other than the two of us.

Now that I think of it, Wendy has never told me anything about her family, I only know her relationship with Stefano and his family, and she used to be his teacher but other than that, nothing.

Does she have any children, or husband ? I'm not sure, should I ask her about it ?

Not long after, she comes back with a tray of tea. She smiles and put the tray on the table. She pours some tea and hands me over one of the cup, while the other one is for her.