Palpatine Missing

Anakin's POV

"Anakin, I heard you were involved in the incident inside the Chancellor's room last night, along with Master Windu. Are you okay?" Obi Wan asked the very next day.

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine. Master Windu, however, wasn't so lucky. He broke a few bones and should be back in a few days." I replied.

"Oh! Terrible, that is, but good thing, it is, that you are safe." Yoda exclaimed. Behind him was a very familiar face I haven't seen in a long time.

"...Why is Ahsoka here, by the way?" I asked.

"I came here the moment I heard you were involved in the incident last night. I was so worried, Skyguy!" Ahsoka interjected. I smiled when I heard her say the nickname she gave me long ago. But another thought had struck me. Why did Ahsoka come back? Last time I checked, she needed some time off to sort out her mess. That was when she was accused of a crime she didn't do and got expelled for it. She was eventually welcomed back into the Order, but she chose her own path.

"Don't worry, I'm fine, Ahsoka."

"What actually happened?" Obi Wan questioned.

"I was in the room watching Windu and Palpatine duel, but I didn't do anything." I admitted.

"Wait, you what?" Ahsoka asked.

"Lemme get this straight, guys. Palpatine is the Sith Lord we've all been looking for." I said. Obi Wan, Yoda, and Ahsoka's mouths dropped in shock.

"Sure, you are, young Skywalker? Hmm. Jump to conclusions, good, it is not." Yoda replied.

"Of course I'm sure! Palpatine knows the ways of the Dark Side of the Force, owns a red lightsaber, and can use Force lightning! And by the way, his skin got all pale and wrinkly."

"What do we do?" Ahsoka asked.

"That's simple. Put Palpatine on trial and expose him as a traitor to the Republic. That way, most people would believe us when we say that he's way too dangerous to be kept alive!"

"Are you crazy, Anakin?! What if Palpatine does something very atrocious? What if he orders to have all the Jedi killed?" Ahsoka interrupted.

"What, I'm just saying we should expose him as a fraud."

"I would support that idea if Palpatine was as dumb as a brick." Obi Wan followed.

"Know, I don't. Meditate on this, I must." Yoda blurted out. He then picked up his walking stick and left the room. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a red skinned Togrutan man dressed in a blue pilot uniform with red pants running towards us.

"Master Kenobi, Anakin, Ahsoka! One of our pilots believes he might've caught sight of Palpatine while coming back from Naboo." The man informed.

"Thank you, Clay, for that information." Obi Wan replied.

"Who saw Palpatine? We'd like to meet with him." I requested.

"We have a few questions to ask him." Ahsoka finished.

"Right away. Come with me." Clay led us out of the room.

---

Author's Note: Well, that was a tad short. What bit of info will we learn from Clay's comrade?