New Challenges

Anakin's POV

I hastily departed for Naboo and arrived just in time for Padme to give birth. The birthing process lasted an hour. Padme heaved and hollered her way through, but I guided her through it. She eventually gave birth to a baby. The medical droid assigned to help her got ahold of the baby and showed us the baby.

"It's a boy." I said.

"Luke..." Padme stroked the baby boy's face. I could see her eyes fill with tears as she started shrieking again. Soon, she gave birth to another baby.

"We have twins?" I raised my eyebrows as the medical droid showed us the baby. "A boy and a girl? I could work with that."

"Leia..." Padme smiled and let out a little chuckle as she saw the baby girl's face.

"Luke and Leia Skywalker...sounds pretty. Where did you think up of those names?"

"Oh, I just found the names in a baby name catalog."

"Padme?"

"Yes?"

"How are we going to keep this a secret? If Obi Wan finds out about this, he'll screw me over and I'll be kicked out of the Jedi Order."

"We'll think of something. Besides, why would Obi Wan do that? He cares about you too much to do that."

"Listen, Padme. I have a big mission, so I can't be with you for a while. I'm sorry."

"Why?"

"I'll tell you later." Before Padme could say anything else, I kissed her on the lips and she kissed me back.

---

A few days later, Will and Mia came over to the apartment Padme and I were sharing. I was watching Leia sleeping on my lap when they arrived.

"Hey, Ani. So...you're a father now. How does it feel?" Mia questioned.

"It...feels weird." I answered.

"I don't blame you. You're pretty young for a father. How old are you, 23?"

"22."

"Well, look on the bright side, Anakin. You're not gonna be a teen father!" Will chuckled. Seriously, was being a teen father common in the Muggle world?

"Well, yeah. Why does that matter?" I saw Padme coming out of the bathroom carrying Luke, who was wearing a onesie.

"Hey, guys. What did you want to talk about?" She asked.

"Well, you do know that Anakin is tasked with a mission to spy on Palpatine, whom you probably know is a Sith Lord." Mia began.

"Yes."

"We're pretty sure that Anakin is on his wanted list and chances are that he's going to come for you and possibly your children." Will continued.

"Why?"

"Simple. Anakin was there the night Palpatine revealed himself to be a Sith Lord. Palpatine tried to get him to turn to the dark side, but he resisted. And now, Palpatine's probably after him." Mia explained.

"I don't know much about Palpatine, but from what I've heard, he shows no mercy." Will assumed.

"So it would be safe if you guys evacuate the apartment and stay somewhere where Palpatine will not sense the children's presence."

"Presence?" Padme turned to me. "What is he talking about?"

"The kids are Force sensitive." I replied.

"Don't worry, Padme. We're here to keep you and Anakin safe." Will said.

"And meanwhile, I'll be on my mission." I concluded.

---

Padme and I spent the next few days packing necessary items and valuables and preparing to go into hiding. By the time we finished preparation, we only had enough time to sleep, eat, and leave Coruscant. The next day, we met Will and Mia at the train station.

"You all set?" Will asked.

"Yep." Padme grinned. I handed Leia over to Will, who started cuddling her as if she were his own child.

"Are you sure? This may be the last you'll see of me for a while." I informed.

"I know, Ani, but with Mia and Will around, I'll be able to manage."

"You're gonna be fine, Padme. If anything goes wrong, Mia and I will protect you." Will reassured Padme. Just then, Will, Mia, and Padme's train rolled up.

"Hey, Ani, be careful out there." Padme gave me a quick kiss on the lips before following Mia and Will into the train.

"You too." I answered back. "And may the Force be with you." I added when the train left. I headed to my ship, which was parked somewhere near the Jedi Temple. First thing I saw when I got there was Ahsoka. She was sitting on the front steps of the Temple wearing a backpack, caressing the silk bag containing the audio chips.

"Hey, Anakin." She waved at me.

"Hey, Snips."

"So, Padme left?"

"Yep, along with Will and Mia. Where did you get that bag?"

"Mia gave it to me."

"Whatever you do, DO NOT let it fall into the wrong hands. Now, I've gotta prepare for my mission."

"I really hope you're okay. I mean, Palpatine is a dangerous human being."

"Naw, don't sweat it, Snips. I'll be back." I hurried to my ship. Once I got there, I began preparing for takeoff. Obi Wan and Yoda showed up just as I was about to leave.

"Going on your mission?" Obi Wan asked.

"Yep."

"Let your emotions get in the way, do not, for interferes with thinking, it does." Yoda stated.

"Anakin, one last thing." Obi Wan requested.

"Make it quick."

"Whatever you do, please be careful out there. You have a tendency to rush into things and give in to your emotions."

"Okay."

"Guide you, the Force will."

"And do not engage Palpatine in a lightsaber fight, Anakin!" Obi Wan warned.

"I'll be fine. Don't you worry. I've got this." I immediately made the jump to hyperspace and in a flash, I left Coruscant, unaware of the dangers that lied ahead...

The above song is All My Love by Major Lazer and Ariana Grande. Try and give this song a listen, and you will get a feel as to what is coming for Anakin Skywalker later in the story...