Breaking Barriers

Anakin's POV

"You ready?" I heard Obi Wan ask his squad in the ship hangar.

"We're all set, Master Kenobi!" A Jedi Knight said cheerfully. As Obi Wan and his squad were preparing to take off, I approached him, wearing the clothes he gave me.

"You all set?" I asked. Obi Wan turned to look at me.

"Yep. Just need to make sure my ship's in good shape. You look great, by the way. Black really suits you." Obi Wan smirked.

"Thanks." I smiled a little.

"Did I ever mention that I hate flying?"

"Yes. Many times."

"Well, I should get going. I would love to chat with you, Anakin, but we've got some liberation to do."

"Gotcha."

---

"Y'all ready?" Organa asked as he joined all of us to see Obi Wan, Clay, and their troops off.

"Yep. Never been better." Clay grinned.

"Okay, guys. Good luck, hope everything goes as planned, and may the Force be with you." Organa saluted. As the pilots took off, everyone waved goodbye, either with hope or with the thought that all those people are probably gonna get killed.

"When are we taking off?" Ahsoka asked.

"When my ship is working alright." I answered.

Obi Wan's POV

FIFTEEN MINUTES LATER

The minute we came out of hyperspace, I nearly spit out my saliva.

"I have a bad feeling about this." I said. Turns out the shield generator on the sun of Mustafar had a visible blue shield blockading Mustafar and several light years from it. The Imperial Navy was advancing upon us.

"The Empire has a navy?" Clay asked.

"Seems like it! Now, here goes nothing!" I commanded as I led my fleet towards the shield generator. Suddenly, the generator started firing at us.

"This thing can fire?" Petro questioned.

"Well, we're at a technical disadvantage, unfortunately." I answered as the generator continued to shoot. "Follow me." I began to fly my ship around the generator and started shooting. To my astonishment, a blue shield surrounding the generator was made visible, and the blaster fire deflected off the shield.

"That was unexpected." A Jedi Knight commented.

"Keep moving and shoot! We must deactivate both shields before the others can do anything!" I ordered.

"Roger that." The Jedi Knight confirmed. Suddenly, all of us started shooting at the generator. Each time, the blaster fire bounced off the shield and went straight for us.

"This thing's gotta vulnerable somehow!" I shouted. "Kaeda, follow me! We're gonna take a closer look!"

"Okay!" Kaeda, the Jedi Knight, shouted. We moved our ships closer to examine the generator. I fired a pair of proton torpedos at the generator. It produced the same effect.

"Weird. I didn't expect this." I said. A trio of concussion missiles came our way and hit the shield surrounding the generator.

"Where did that come from?" Kaeda asked.

"Probably from a mother ship or something." Ganodi announced.

"That's not important! The real question is, how do we turn this thing off?" I asked as the generator continued to fire. Something in the back exploded.

Anakin's POV

"Obi Wan! How's it looking out there?" I asked through my comlink. Ahsoka, Lux, Will, Rex, Organa, and I were surrounding a table displaying a holographic map of Mustafar and the death camps.

"Not good. Turns out the generator itself is surrounded by a shield." Obi Wan informed.

"What?! You're kidding."

"No. Anakin, do you have any idea how to destroy this thing?"

"Something on the sun of Mustafar is probably projecting the shield. I suggest you search around the sun for anything suspicious."

"That's weird. When Ahsoka and I went on our rescue mission, there wasn't any shield generator thing." Lux said.

"I saw something being built on the sun, so the Empire was probably building it." Ahsoka answered.

"General Skywalker, Emperor Palpatine wants to make contact." Rex informed.

"Alright." I said with a hint of annoyance. A holographic image of Palpatine replaced the map of Mustafar and the death camps. "What do you want?"

"Oh, Anakin. You're a feisty one, I'll give you that. But do you realize that...your wife is in danger?" Palpatine said. Padme appeared, wearing a simple white tunic while adorned in gold. She was tied to a pole.

"Anakin! Help!" Padme cried.

"Padme!"

"Oh, Anakin. I thought by now, you'd be arriving on Mustafar. But seems like you haven't moved yet. I shall give you one hour to rescue your wife. If you don't rescue her within that time frame, Padme dies!" Palpatine finished. The map of Mustafar and the death camps returned.

"We gotta go to Mustafar and rescue your wife, Anakin!" Will exclaimed.

"We can't go yet! The ship's not ready!" I countered. I suddenly felt anger manifesting within my system. How could Palpatine do this?! Threaten to kill my wife? I should've known. Palpatine has been plotting against me the whole time. How could I have been so blind? But that doesn't matter. All that matters is that Palpatine and his Empire is defeated, and unless the shield generator is deactivated, none of us can do anything. Our plan had come to a standstill...

---

Author's Note: So the Battle of Mustafar has begun! But Obi Wan and Kaeda are struggling to destroy the shield generator. Meanwhile, Anakin has been challenged to rescue his wife, Padme, within an hour. Will Anakin make it on time?

Here's a question I've been meaning to ask you guys for a while. Do you have any title suggestions for this AU fanfic? I really like Sith Rising, but I want to hear your opinions! List your ideas in the comments below.

The above song is We Are Done by The Madden Brothers. This song somehow describes a revolution of some sorts, and I figured now is the right time to insert this song, since Anakin and his forces are fighting back against the Empire.

So please give this song a listen and tell me what you think, and enjoy the rest of the story!