Turning the Tide

Ahsoka's POV

"You!" Rex snarled. The new Sith apprentice only smirked.

"Kihara?! You can't be the new Sith apprentice. My mind must be playing tricks on me." I said, but Kihara shook her head. She didn't even look intimidated.

"Your mind is not failing you, Ahsoka. I AM the new Sith apprentice." Kihara said calmly.

"You know this person?" Anakin asked.

"Oh, yes. Ahsoka and I go a long way back." Kihara answered.

"B-But---Barriss! She b-betrayed t-the Jedi O-Order a-and Ahsoka! S-She t-turned!" Anakin stuttered.

"Barriss Offee? You mean that girl who bombed the Jedi Temple and blamed Ahsoka for it? Oh, yes. She does seem like the type. But who in their right mind would suspect me?" Kihara laughed.

"You can't be...serious." I said.

"I AM serious. My loyalties lie with Palpatine and his Empire. One day, while Jabba was asleep, I snuck out of his palace and ran into Palpatine by chance. I told him that I was tired of being yanked around by Jabba, and he rose to the occasion magnificently. He sensed my Force sensitivity and promised to train me in the ways of the Sith, but it had to be done in secret, or Jabba would get suspicious. Of course, sometime after that, I met you, Ahsoka. We talked about our woes and worries, and I knew that Palpatine's sack of audio chips had been stolen from the Chancellor's office. So I just had to spend enough time with you so that you could entrust me with the chips."

---

"What's this?" Kihara examined the silk bag of audio chips in my hand. We were perusing the outskirts of town.

"Oh, it's a bunch of audio chips. Anakin took them from the Chancellor's office." I answered casually.

"Oh. But the bag is so pretty and soft...can I look at it?"

"Yeah, sure." I said. We heard some people calling Kihara's name.

"I have to go." Kihara said as she slipped away.

"But Kihara, I need the chips!"

"Don't worry, I'll give them back tomorrow!"

---

"And Kihara, I remember you telling me that some red Mandos took the bag of chips." I continued.

"Oh, yes. That was no accident, because those red Mandalorians were working for Palpatine. When Padme, Will, Mia, and I were arrived on Alderaan for Bail Organa's secret conference, the Mandos were attacking the place where the conference was held. I knew Palpatine had to be near, so I decided to inform him that the chips were in the possession of one of the Mandos. And then, I got knocked out. When I woke up, Will had come to pick me up in his ship, and we took off." Kihara said. Suddenly, everything was starting to make sense...

"Where were you during Order 66?" Anakin questioned.

"Maz Kanata got two people to take Padme and I to Coruscant." Kihara replied.

"So during Order 66, you left Padme to fend for herself and all this time, I thought you were lost, when in fact, you were doing Palpatine's bidding!" I accused.

"Oh, yes. And I also screwed Mia over."

"So, if you're the new Sith apprentice, then where are your lightsabers?" Lux asked. Kihara then took off her cloak and brandished two very familiar lightsabers at us.

"Haha! Palpatine had knocked out Miss Barriss one day on Coruscant, and gave me these lightsabers to carry out my tasks! And now, Ahsoka, your doom begins!" Kihara Force pushed the boys outside the room and locked the door.