Meeting Kihara

Padme's POV

"Why are we at Jabba's palace?" I asked when Will, a fixed C3PO, and I were approaching the entrance to Jabba's palace.

"You'll see." Will replied as the doors to the palace opened. The inside of Jabba's palace looked more like a strip club than a palace, not to mention the absence of gold, silver, and expensive gems. In the middle of the palace, a red Twi'lek girl wearing skimpy black clothing was dancing. I felt like vomiting, but the vomit wouldn't come.

"What brings you here?" Jabba demanded.

"Have you heard about what happened?" Will asked.

"Mace Windu dueled Palpatine in the Chancellor's office and Anakin got involved?"

"Yeah, and Palpatine was exposed as the mastermind behind the Clone Wars. By the way, Anakin wasn't involved."

"Ok."

"Do you know anything about Palpatine?"

"No, but my slave dancer claims to know all about it. Kihara!"

"Yes?" The red Twi'lek girl responded.

"These visitors want some information about Palpatine."

"Really? Is it because he's been exposed as a Sith Lord? I could help with that." The Twi'lek girl said. "I'm Kihara, by the way." She stuck out her hand. There was something very mysterious about her voice. The way she stared into Will's eyes was somewhat eerie. Something was out of place here.

"I'm Will Neisee, and this is my friend Padme Amidala. She's a senator on the Galactic Senate." Will and I shook hands with Kihara.

"Listen, I could help spy on him if you set me free. I'm willing to help you in your cause." Kihara stated. She must be really informed for a slave girl.

"Of course."

"You want to be free, Kihara? But you're my only dancer!" Jabba snarled.

"Look, dude, how about a wager? I'll bet 10,000 credits for Kihara's freedom." Will countered. I raised my eyebrows in confusion. Will wasn't the type to strike a deal, so why was he doing it now? 

"How are you going to get those credits, fool? Ha!"

"Easy, Jabba. Tomorrow's Boonta Eve and you always hold a pod race on Boonta Eve, so I'll just race against your best racer for those 10,000 credits during the Boonta Eve Classic."

"You can operate a podracer?" I asked.

"I can, but we need Mia to do that. She's really good with that kinda stuff." Will answered.

"Alright, alright! A bet is a bet. You will be racing against Sebulba." Jabba announced as Sebulba entered the room.

"Oh, I won't be racing. My friend Mia will." Will confirmed.

"Mia, racing against Sebulba? I cannot imagine it." C3PO cried.

"Oh, 3PO, don't worry. Mia's good with vehicles. In fact, it was her who was driving the ship back there." I said.

"Really? Then she drives just as reckless as William himself."

---

"You're kidding." This was the first thing Mia said when we got back from Jabba's palace. She was bathing Luke in the bathtub.

"No, we're not kidding. You're going to be racing against Sebulba at the Boonta Eve Classic tomorrow night at 7:00 sharp." Will shook his head.

"Why?"

"Look, Mia. We met a slave girl at Jabba's palace who claims to know everything there is about Palpatine. If you win, we'll be able to win enough credits to buy her freedom."

"How's that gonna help?"

"Mia, I LITERALLY just said that the slave girl we met at Jabba's palace claims to know about Palpatine. She's willing to help us. The more the merrier, right?"

"Well...yeah...but she's probably not associated with the Republic or anything."

"It doesn't matter!" I interjected. "She may be able to provide us with vital information to the Republic. We might be able to save you and your kids' lives, along with Anakin's should there be an attack."

"So?" Mia sneered.

"I JUST told you that she could give us information that will enable us to save ourselves from Palpatine! Sheesh, do you even listen?! Now, listen to me, Mia. You are going to participate in the Boonta Eve Classic Podrace tomorrow night against Sebulba, no questions. This conversation is over." I scolded.

---

Author's Note: Now, we meet Kihara, a slave dancer of Jabba the Hutt. What do you think are her intentions? Leave your thoughts in the comments below.

3/4/17

2K reads?! Is this real life right now? Thanks a lot for your support, guys! It really means a lot to me. I hope you're enjoying this story so far and don't forget to leave comments and vote! Once again, thank you and may the Force be with you.