The Vision

Author's Note: Ooh, foreshadowing! Seems like Anakin has forgotten about the prophecy of the Chosen One. Now, what will happen? Is Barriss to be trusted? What bit of info will Mia, Will, Padme, and Kihara learn from Maz Kanata? Do the Jedi have what it takes to destroy the Sith? Man, Obi Wan, Anakin, and Yoda are just like, Qui Gon, we're glad you're here to tell us these things!

This section begins Part V: The Prophecy.

"Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness." ~Desmond Tutu

---

Will's POV

"Um, Maz?" I asked when we entered the castle. The castle of Maz Kanata was full of performers from all over the galaxy. It was very similar to Mos Eisley cantina, but the atmosphere here was much more inviting.

"And who do we have here?" A female voice called out. A small, orange humanoid female came out to greet us.

"Um, hi, you must be Maz Kanata. I'm William Neisee, and we have some questions regarding Palpatine." I bowed when I saw Kanata. "And these are my friends: Mia Mircada, Padme Amidala and her twin babies, and Kihara Mekugna."

"Why, hello, there. Come, have a seat." Kanata gestured for us to have a seat. The babies began crying.

"Shhh, everything's gonna be alright. We're gonna see Daddy soon, okay?" Padme cooed.

"So, what brings you here?" Kanata asked.

"We've been searching the galaxy for answers as to how to stand up to Palpatine. I got in contact with my friend and he told me that Palpatine had abolished the Republic and in its place, the Galactic Empire rules." I stated.

"I've heard about the Proclamation of the New Order and the events leading up to it. It seems like we've got a new evil bestowed upon us. Previously, it had been the Separatists, who have been fighting the Republic in a civil war for 3 years now. But the Separatists are the least of our worries. What we should be worried about is how we can stop Palpatine before it's too late." Kanata said.

"But what about Anakin? I heard he's powerful enough to destroy the Sith, but he's not doing anything to stop Palpatine because he's worried about his friends dying. He also says that Palpatine claims that he knows the secret to keeping loved ones from dying."

"Oh, my dear, I'm not a Jedi, but I know all about the Force." Kanata informed.

"That's why we came here, Mia. She's an expert on the Force and the Jedi and Sith." I whispered to Mia.

"That makes loads of sense." Mia said sarcastically.

"I'm assuming Anakin is your friend, since you're so concerned about him."

"Yes. Go on."

"So, you're saying that Anakin is powerful enough to kill Palpatine, but he's holding back because he needs Palpatine alive, for Palpatine claims that he can teach him the power of saving his loved ones from death, am I correct?"

"Yes."

"So the Jedi don't allow themselves to form attachments, because the attachments they have made may get in the way of their thinking. The Jedi are known for their selflessness. They only think about others. The Sith, however, are...self-centered, to put it nicely. They act on their desires and passions."

"I see."

"So if Anakin hadn't formed those attachments, he would've killed Palpatine right away. But the attachments he's formed have prevented him from doing that all together, and that may be his ultimate downfall."

"His ultimate downfall?! But Anakin cares about his friends and family. Why would that be his downfall?" Padme cried.

"Think about it, Senator Amidala. If Anakin doesn't kill Palpatine, then Palpatine will eventually take over the galaxy, and then all hell will break loose." Kanata concluded.

"So he's slowly slipping to the dark side." Kihara said with a hint of mystery. I got out of my seat.

"Where are you going?" Kanata asked.

"I'm going out. I gotta clear my head." I announced as I walked down a dark passageway. There was something...strange about it. Suddenly, I felt a chill down my spine. I reached an empty room. Dark mist began to surround me.

"Wait...Maz? What's going on?!" I cried as I tried to get out, but I couldn't find the exit through all that mist. Images began to manifest in front of me.

First, the landscape of Mustafar began to take shape. Anakin and Padme were talking to one another, and Padme seemed really upset.

"Anakin, please! You're a good person! You wouldn't do this!" She cried. The door to Padme's ship opened, and out stepped Obi Wan.

"LIAR! YOU'RE WITH HIM! YOU SENT HIM HERE TO KILL ME!" Anakin growled. He certainly did not look like himself.

"Anakin, no! No, no..." Padme begged, but it was no use. Anakin had used the Force to choke her.

"Let. Her. Go, Anakin!" Obi Wan demanded. Anakin did as he was told, and gave Obi Wan the glare of death. Padme collapsed to the ground like a rag doll.

The scene changed to show an older Ahsoka and a man in a black suit of armor dueling in a dark room. Ahsoka managed to damage the man's helmet, which revealed a face that beared exact resemblance to Anakin Skywalker.

"Anakin..." Ahsoka whispered when she saw the man's face. "Don't...leave." The black monster that had once been Anakin stood there in silence for a few moments.

"Now, Ahsoka Tano, you will die!" The man shouted. His voice did not sound like Anakin's at all, but rather like the cyborg general of the Separatists, General Grievous.

The scene dissolved to another scene, this time with that same man and an older Obi Wan dueling on a futuristic space station. The man swung his lightsaber at Obi Wan, and he disappeared, leaving his cloak and lightsaber behind. A blonde boy wearing typical Tatooine garb screamed.

Suddenly, I was in the Jedi Temple. Anakin, who still didn't look like himself, barged in. A group of younglings surrounded him, their whole bodies shaking.

"There's too many of them, Master Skywalker! What is going to happen?" One of them questioned. Anakin hesitated, and ignited his lightsaber.

Almost immediately, I found myself back on Mustafar. Obi Wan was standing over Anakin, whose left arm and legs have been severed.

"SCREW YOU, OBI WAN! AND THE JEDI TOO! THEY RUINED MY LIFE!" Anakin shrieked.

"I loved you like a brother, Anakin!" Obi Wan cried before leaving, but not before picking up Anakin's lightsaber. Anakin, who was too close to the fire, began to catch on fire and screamed.

The black clouds disappeared, and I found myself sitting alone in the room. Everything was spinning, and there was a throbbing pain in my head. Kanata came in.

"What the hell was that?" I demanded.

"Oh, Will, that was just a vision." Kanata shrugged.

"A vision?! I saw Anakin killing his friends! And younglings! He even choked his wife! I wish I knew what this means."

"I wish I did, too."

"That's it. I'm going over to Coruscant. Thanks for your help, Maz!" I said as I dashed out of her castle. The others followed suit.

"Will! Where are you going?" Padme asked.

"No, Padme, you and Kihara stay here. Mia and I have got some business to attend to."

"If you say so." Kihara said and slumped in her chair. Moments later, Mia and I started the ship and blasted off into space.

"What's wrong?" Mia asked.

"Oh, nothing." I said casually, but it really wasn't nothing. As I piloted the ship, I thought long and hard about the vision. Why did I have that vision? What could this mean? Was it just a mere nightmare, or was it something more? What if that vision was the future, and I couldn't do anything to stop it? Or maybe it was just a warning? I don't know. But whatever it is, I'll have to talk to Anakin about it.