Palpatine's Big Break

Ahsoka's POV

"Halt!" Windu called as he, Plo Koon, Obi Wan and Yoda, whom we met along the way, and I burst into the Chancellor's Office. Palpatine turned around.

"You dare put me behind bars for obstruction of justice?" Palpatine questioned.

"Um...yeah."

"Well...the Jedi should be put in jail for obstruction of justice. It was they who cast you out of the Order, did they not, Miss Ahsoka?"

"...Yes. But everyone deserves a second chance." I answered.

"Exactly! They have become killing machines in this war, and they need to be obliterated!"

"This is war, Chancellor! Of course, we have to fight. We don't like to, though." Obi Wan countered. Suddenly, Palpatine jumped through the now-repaired window.

"After him!" Plo Koon called. We Force jumped out the window and landed on top of a busy bar with lots of neon signs.

"See him, I don't." Yoda noted.

"There!" I pointed at a tiny black dot on the ground I assumed was Palpatine.

"Good eye, Little Soka!" Plo applauded.

"After him!" Obi Wan ordered. We all began running on buildings while not letting Palpatine out of our sight. Suddenly, we were blocked by the red Mandos from Alderaan.

"You're not going anywhere." The captain snarled. When they started shooting, Obi Wan and I Force jumped and landed on the ground. There was no Palpatine in sight.

"The chips! We gotta get the chips!" I cried.

"No time for that! We must focus on finding Palpatine and bringing him to justice!" Obi Wan called back.

"There!" I pointed at Palpatine as he sped by. "Follow him!" As we pursued him, we saw him get inside a one man ship and take off. Obi Wan pointed to a yellow speeder.

"In the speeder! Now!" He called. We leaped into the speeder with Obi Wan driving and immediately took off. Within moments, Palpatine's ship was within our sight.

"How are we gonna reach him?" I asked.

"I have a plan. Sit tight." Obi Wan warned.

"Oh no, don't tell you're turning into Anakin!" I shouted over all the ruckus as we nearly dodged an electric barrier. It was hard getting to Palpatine with all the speeders zooming everywhere. A speeder almost crashed from behind.

"That was close!" Obi Wan roared. "Now, Ahsoka, is your seat belt fastened?"

"Why are you asking that now?!" I shrieked over all the honking horns. Without warning, the speeder suddenly dropped down like a roller coaster. I screamed and held onto the speeder for dear life. Palpatine's ship was above us after the big drop.

"I don't like this." Obi Wan complained.

"Perfect timing, Obi Wan!" I unbuckled my seatbelt, Force jumped, and landed on Palpatine's ship.

"Ahsoka!"

"Sorry!" I cut a hole on the roof of the ship with my lightsaber and jumped in.

"There you are, Miss Ahsoka." Palpatine greeted. "The party has just begun." He then leapt out of the ship. I looked in front of me and realized that the ship has gone out of control. I escaped just before the ship crashed. I landed just below one of the spires of the Jedi Temple. I looked around, but there was no Palpatine nor Obi Wan in sight. Where are they?

And then, I heard lightsabers clashing from above. I looked up and saw Obi Wan and Palpatine dueling while climbing the spire. Is that even possible? Suddenly, ships carrying the red Mandalorians from Alderaan showed up. The door opened and the red Mandos began shooting at Obi Wan.

"Ahsoka! Save yourself and get outta here!" Obi Wan cried from above. Without questioning him, I turned tail and ran. On a normal day, I would've done everything I would to help him. But for some reason, I just...left.

"It's the Togrutan girl from Alderaan! Shoot her!" One Mando cried. A storm of blaster fire came firing my way.

"Dammit! We missed by an inch!"

"Shut up and shoot!" The captain harshly commanded. Within seconds, the sky was raining blaster fire and debris. The pathway in front of me collapsed due to the blaster fire. I instantly Force jumped my way out of this tight spot. I found myself in front of the Jedi Temple with a bunch of younglings.

"Man...she's good..."

"If only we knew how to trap her somehow..." Another Mando commented. After hearing his statement, I observed my surroundings. Ships with Mandos were closing in on me every second. One of the ships landed, and out stepped Anakin.

"Move over, Snips." He said rudely.

"What are you doing?!"

"Trying to gain the power...to save you from certain death." Anakin slowly approached the younglings, who looked up to him.

"Oh, yeah, like that's gonna help."

"I'm serious."

"You're Sirius Black?" A youngling asked.

"Quiet!" I whispered. "It's not like anyone's gonna read this."

"I must fulfill...my...duty...this way! I'm sorry, Snips!" Anakin got out his lightsaber when he was about 5 inches away from me, his penetrating, blue eyes glaring at me. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Anakin Skywalker, famed General of the Clone Wars, father of twins, my former master, about to kill children?! Why would he do that? If only I could distract him for even a second.

"Hey, Skyguy. What was the first Portkey in the Goblet of Fire?"

"I dunno." Anakin shrugged. Right after, I kicked him right in the crown jewels. He immediately shrieked in pain.

"What just happened?" A youngling asked.

"Don't worry about it." I said as I escorted the younglings inside.

---

"You kicked Anakin in the NUTS?!" Windu asked.

"I had to. He was gonna kill younglings."

"I understand why you did it, but you kinda crossed the line." Plo intruded.

"Maybe a slap across the face would've done it." Windu added.

"I had to distract him. And he told me the one place to kick a male attacker." I chuckled.

"This isn't funny, Ahsoka. Anakin could've gotten hurt really bad, and we need him. And plus, you're on his side."

"Oh, right, like he's gonna be screwing Padme." I muttered to myself. Windu tilted his head a little and raised his eyebrows.

"He's been screwing WHO?!" Windu's voice raised drastically.

"N-Nothing! J-Just pretend y-you d-didn't hear that!" I shouted right before leaving.

Shit! I just spilled Anakin's secret in front of the last person he'd ever trust. Of course, it was obvious that they were in love. Anyone could see that. But Anakin made me promise a thousand times not to tell anyone about it.

If you were in the Jedi Order, you couldn't marry. This rule was created in order to avoid dynasties of those strong in the Force. It was also created to avoid attachments. According to the Jedi, attachments can cloud your vision and judgement. Not something your typical Jedi would allow to happen.

But I just cannot get over the fact that I spilled the beans about Anakin and Padme's secret marriage. Soon, Anakin's gonna find out about it and he's gonna scold me about it. Well, let's just hope it doesn't go that far...