The Mando Police

Padme's POV

"Why are we looking for Anakin's podracer when there could be another one right across from us?" I asked Will as we set out to find Anakin's podracer.

"These things are probably powered by gas or something. That's what Anakin said." Will shrugged. "You'd have to ask him for the nitty gritty of pod racing. Besides, I bet he wouldn't mind if Mia uses it."

"Yeah, just as long as she doesn't trash it. Seriously, Will, you're very disorganized. We could've done this earlier and have been done with it." I sighed as Will entered a vacant building. Suddenly, I saw a few silhouettes in the distance.

"Aha! Found it!" Will announced. "I found Anakin's podracer! Mission accomplished! Uh...Padme...what are you..."

"I have a bad feeling about this." I uttered quietly.

"It's probably nothing. Padme, we gotta go!" Will whispered. I tiptoed closer to the silhouettes and eventually, I was able to make out two red Mandalorians surrounding Kihara.

"You've obviously got the chips! Give them to us!" The first Mandalorian demanded.

"What chips?" Kihara asked.

"The audio chips we've been looking for! Now, give them to us or we will open fire." the second Mandalorian ordered and put a gun near Kihara's forehead. With a trembling hand, Kihara reached into her pocket and gave the Mandalorians a silk bag.

"Now that's a good girl." the first Mandalorian chuckled to himself. Suddenly, Will interfered by firing a shot at them.

"I don't think you want to do that." Will warned. Classic Will.

"Aha! You again!" the first Mandalorian barked. "Fire!" Will and the Mandalorians began firing at each other.

"Jump to the right!" I screamed as an array of blaster fire came zooming straight at us. Luckily, it hit the side of the building that contained Anakin's podracer.

"Aha! Booty!" the second Mandalorian cheered as he approached us with an open sack.

"No!" I shrieked and shot in the Mandalorian's face.

"Padme! You take the podracer back while I hold them off!" Will commanded.

"What about Kihara?" I asked.

"Don't worry about me. Just go." Kihara said. She was on all fours and crouching behind a rock.

"If you say so." I uttered under my breath. I got into the podracer, programmed it, and took off for the Mircada homestead.

---

"Where's Will?" Mia asked as she came outside along with the babies to greet me.

"He had some business to take care off." I said as I exited the podracer. Mia's expression changed from one of concern to one of confusion as she examined my outfit.

"Jeez, Padme, you're all dirty. What happened?"

"We confronted red Mandalorians. Turns out they were cornering the poor slave girl in order to get what they wanted. And...that's what Will's up to now. Trying to stop them."

"Why do boys always have to settle things with their weapons?" Mia shook her head. Just then, Will arrived while riding on a Bantha.

"Oh, speak of the devil! We were just talking about you." I went over to greet him. "How did it go?"

"Oh, it went fine. A Bantha came along and I just escaped on it. And I took Kihara back to Jabba's palace." Will said like it was no big deal.

"Did you figure out anything?"

"No, but I have seen those guys before. A few days ago, they came in asking for these audio chips that just happened to be in Anakin's possession. The question is, how did Kihara get ahold of those?" Will wondered.

"We'll ask her tomorrow." Mia said while yawning. "I'm off to bed. See you tomorrow." She headed back into the sand igloo.

"Man, Padme, your outfit's all dirty." Will said once Mia was inside.

"Really?" I looked down at my tan tunic and white leggings. They were covered in a thin blanket of sand grains. "Who knew pod racing could be so dirty?"

"Well, you should wash up. We got a long day ahead of us tomorrow."

"True. Good night." I stretched my arms as I walked back to the Mircada homestead.

---

Author's Note: So we see the Mandos from the Coruscant bar attacking Kihara. Why do you think they'd attack her? Leave your thoughts in the comments below.