Chapter Eleven

Kiana Fray

This was all Clary's fault. If only she listened to me and had Simon stay far away from whatever we were dealing with he wouldn't be involved with this situation. Simon would be safe at home doing homework instead of being here trapped with me.

I couldn't get my mind off of the fact that my own parents would give me up and tear me apart from my own friends and sister. I heard a loud pounding at the door and I look up to find Simon at the door once again.

"Hello, anyone," Simon yelled as he banged on the door.

"Simon knock it off," I groan. "We were taken for a reason and I'm sure it isn't to annoy the dead bloodsuckers."

"I'm just an accounting student. I have no value to you," Simon yelled.

"Simon Lewis shut up," I huff.

"And and we barely saw your faces so if you let us go we won't tell anyone," Simon stammered. "So if you let us go, we can't even identify you."

"They're vampires. They don't care if we saw their faces they can kill us in an instant," I groan.

"Not that I would because you guys are vampires," Simon groaned. "Who would believe me. I didn't know you guys existed until yesterday."

He walked away from the door and sat next to me. I held his hand in mine.

"I won't let anything bad happen to you Lewis," I sigh.

"It shouldn't be that way, I should be the one that's not afraid and ready to protect you but it's always the other way around Kiana," Simon huffed.

"Simon," I frown.

He let my hand go and went back to the door.

"Is anyone there," Simon asked.

Suddenly he jumped away from the door and I rise up and push him behind me. I glare at the vampire outside the door. He pushes the door open and enters.

"If your goal is to scare the crap out of me mission accomplished," Simon said.

"Simon shut the hell up," I huff. "Now isn't the right time."

The vampire slams the door shut and I hold my fists up.

"As far as I'm concerned. You can have it out with those Shadow Hunters," Simon stammered. "Especially the blonde one."

"I am the blonde one you idiot," I sigh. "My friend doesn't have an off switch."

"I've noticed," the vampire spoke.

"You know, you don't need us," Simon said.

"On the contrary, I do," the vampire spoke.

He showed his fangs at us and growled at Simon. I punch him across the jaw and shake my head.

"I'm not afraid of you," I said.

•••

The male vampire took us out of that creepy room and into another that was well lit.