Chapter Fifty Nine

Kiana's Point of View

"Good morning Mag, what's for breakfast," I yawn.

I make my way towards the kitchen and sit on the stool and rested my elbows on the island.

"Well someone has cheered up," Magnus teases.

I roll my eyes at him and try to hide my growing smile.

"Besides Valentine trying to destroy the Downworld, things between Alec and I are going great," I smile.

Before he could reply the apartment door flies open. I grab a weapon as Magnus gets into his fighting stance. Clary, Jace and Alec all pile into the room. We lower our weapons as Alec closes the door.

"Did you have to burst in here like the building was on fire," I sigh.

"Don't you people have phones," Magnus sighed.

"We need your help," Jace said.

I pull my sister towards me and examine her black hand. I let Magnus take a look to see what was going on. He began using his magic to try and do something to help her.

"La Chair Brûlée," Magnus said.

"I'm guessing that's not a dessert," Clary said.

"It means "the burnt flesh." It's an old blood oath spell," I said.

"Then it must be Iris. She said you owed her a favor.

"At Max's party, she said I have to find Madzie," Clary said.

"Then we better start looking. I can get rid of the pain, but that's about it. I'm afraid once the magic reaches your heart," Magnus sighed.

"So if I don't find Madzie... I'm dead," Clary said.

Our eyes lock and I wipe away a tear that had escaped. I walk towards Magnus.

"No... no. Magnus, there has to be a cure. There has to be something we can do to stop this," I frown.

"Can't we force Iris to undo it?" Alec asked.

"I wish it were that easy. But blood oath spells are completely binding. Even Iris herself can't reverse it now," Magnus said.

I hold Clary's hands in mine and sit next to her.

"I am going to help you no matter what it takes. I am not going to lose you too," I said.

I pull her off the seat and force a smile on my face.

"Let's go see Luke now that he's all back, yeah?" I said.

Clary just nods. I kiss Alec on the cheek and pull Clary towards my motorcycle Magnus got me. She wrapped her arms around my waist and held on as we made our way to the Jade Wolf. We make our way into the restaurant and I pull Luke in for a hug.

"You're lucky I don't hurt you," I said.

"I wouldn't blame you if you did," he said. "Clary, Simon said something was wrong."

Clary has explained the events that led to what our current issue is now.

"I was so selfish, hiding in the woods like that. You would have never went to Iris if," Luke began tearing himself down.

"Luke, this has nothing to do with you. You always told me to read the fine print. Well, I guess, uh, now I know why," Clary said.

"No shit," I scoffed.

"Magnus find anything?" Luke asked.

"No. Iris' brownstone was wiped clean, but Alec just got a report from the Clave. According to Iris, Madzie was abducted from Brady Park," Jace said.