Chapter Twenty One

Alec Lightwood

Alec Lightwood

After I send Jace a text saying Clary snuck out of the Institute. I went into Kiana's bedroom and I threw her damaged things around. I let them take her from me. How could I have been so reckless.

I flip her bed around and a notebook falls. Papers spill out and I spot one of a sketch of myself. I lift it up in my hands and smile. I fold it and slip it inside my pocket. I look through the other sketches and see more of us as children with the question mark and words "Who is he?"

I put them into Clary's bag that was left behind and heard footsteps enter the building.

"Where is she? Where is Clary," Jace asked.

I heard Isabelle gasp.

"Isabelle what's the matter," I ask.

"Something wrong with Kiana," Isabelle said.

"How do you know," I ask.

"She's my parabatai," Isabelle said.

"They're gone," I said.

"Gone," Jace asked.

"What do you mean gone," Isabelle said.

"She and Simon got arrested and Kiana was kidnapped," I said. "When I was securing the fire escape after Kiana was taken. I got distracted."

"The Mundane was here," Jace yelled.

"Simon," Isabelle asked. "He's gone too?"

All of a sudden Isabelle held her side and winced in pain. I hold her up in my arms.

"They're hurting her," Isabelle winced.

"It was an unmarked car. They took Kiana too," I said. "I don't know where they took them."

"What did you do, Alec," Jace asked.

Jace angrily stormed out of the room and grabbed something of Kiana's. Isabelle grabbed the backpack and I roll my eyes and follow after them. Please be okay Kiana.

Kiana Fray

"Wake up princess."

I open my eyes at the sound of someone's voice. I see a strange man beside me and I turn my head to the side and see Clary and Simon. Alaric in front of us looking ashamed and I sigh.

"Where are we? What do you want with us Alaric," I ask. "Did Luke do this?"

After Alaric told us he was trying to keep us safe the head guy didn't like the fact that we didn't know where the Cup is.

"We did it your way and now we're going to do it my way," Theo said.

A wave of his hand and Simon was pulled into a back room and I was chained up to the wall where next to Simon's cage where he was hung upside down. I couldn't hear what was going on out there.