Chapter Thirty Two

Clary Fray

Clary Fray

I was preparing myself to enter the portal to an Alternate Universe. I was really worried about my sister staying behind with Alec. What if something bad happens? I watched as Jace paced back and forth, the same thought in his mind.

"Are we 100% sure Alec won't turn her into the Clave," I ask.

"He's my Parabatai. I'm sure he won't," Jace said. "She'll be okay. He loves her."

"Enough to marry her own sister apparently," I snapped. 

"Clary," Jace sighed. 

"I'm sorry, but she's my sister I was really hoping the two would work out," I said. "She's strong though I know she can handle it." 

Jace nodded. What if I didn't make it out? I held the tarot card in my hand and sighed. I handed it to Jace and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Jace. If I don't make it back I need you to look after this, give it to Simon or Kiana or keep it yourself," I said. "I trust you three."

"I promise I will keep it safe," Jace said.

I gave Jace a quick nod and stepped inside the portal.

"Mom?" I called out. "Mom."

I watched as Valentine entered the kitchen. I grabbed the knife from the kitchen and held it up to him.

"Where is my mother," I asked.

"Woah. Is this from one of your cosplay skits?" Valentine chuckled. "Uh, honey? Come in here. You gotta see this. No, seriously you have to let me come with you, just once, okay? I want to see what you do at these things, all right?"

"Val, you're not allowed to do cosplay, you'd stick out like a sore thumb. Remember the soccer ball to your head from Kiana's soccer game," My mom said entering the kitchen.

"Mom!" I cheered. I dropped the knife and pulled her into a hug.

"If you miss us this much, you should really stay over at Kiana's more often," Mom chuckled.

"Kiana? Doesn't she stay here?" I asked.

"When she sleeps over and pranks us," Dad chuckled. "She stayed with Lydia and her parents remember, until she moved out."

Kiana's family. Her in the same house as Lydia ? Yup. I'm in a whole different world.

"In honor of your father's Mad Hatter party tonight," Mom said placing waffles on the table as my parents sat down.