Chapter Twenty Two

Kiana Fray

"Focus on getting out of there," Simon said.

"Focus on starting that fire Lewis," I sigh.

After hours of being hung here and burned once and bitten by a Wolf some of my energy had came back. The pain still there burning everywhere. Simon pulls the fire alarm and soon enough men come to the back including Alaric. Alaric's eyes widen at my burn and bite mark and he frowns and approaches me.

"All clear back here," Alaric said.

My head hung low as they all left the room. The bars to the window were pulled off and I saw Isabelle's face.

"I'm seriously getting tired of saving your life," Isabelle said.

"I am not," Simon said.

"Take Simon and go," I ordered. "Be safe."

"Kiana," they said.

"Go," I cough. "You can't help me. I'll only hold you back. Go now."

Simon and Isabelle frown as Simon climbs through the window. My head hangs low and I hear the door open. Alaric enters and cuts me down and holds me up by my arm.

"I trusted you," I gasp.

"I'm sorry," Alaric said.

We made our way out of the restaurant and Alaric shoved me to the ground further away from my friends. I wrap my arms around my stomach and cough as the pain grew worse. I saw Alaric turn into a werewolf and join his buddies as they surround us. The door opened once more and I saw a huge werewolf. Must be the alpha.

"Everyone get back that's the alpha," Jace yelled.

"Not without Kiana," Alec yelled.

"It's okay Alec," I thought.

Alec's eyes widen and I send him a weak smile and face the werewolf. The alpha advanced towards me and I close my eyes ready to accept my fate.

"Jace behind," Clary yells.

I open my eyes to see another werewolf land protectively in front of me as he fights the alpha. I watch as the two werewolves fight one another for leadership or protection. I hear a faint whimper and see Theo dead. The group approaches the scene. I face the werewolf.

"You saved my life," I cry.

The Wolf then turned into Luke.

"I promised I'd always protect you didn't I," Luke said weakly.

"Not as bad as they look," I said. "But you look worse then I."

Luke looked at my burn and bite mark. Luke let out a harsh cough and I notice a huge bite mark on his chest. The werewolves all let out a howl before changing back into their human forms. They all kneel down before Luke.

"What is it, what's happening," Clary asked.

"Luke is now leader of the pack," I said.

"Clary, Kiana," Luke called.

"It's okay," Clary said.

She approached us and held our hands.

"I promised your mother I'd always protect you two," Luke said.

Luke's eyes then shut as he almost falls to the floor.

"Luke," I cry out.

I crawl towards him and hold his hand in mine.

"Wake up," I cry. "Please."

"Hey, we need to get Kiana and Clary back to the Institute and stay out of Downworlder business," Alec said.

"It's always going to be the same thing with you isn't it Alec, the Institute this and the Institute that. I'm tired of it," I yell. "Just go back without me. Luke is like a father to me and I'm not losing him too."

"Why don't you stay out of it Alec," Jace said. "I'm going to help Kiana and Clary."

I send him an appreciative smile. Alec pulls him back.

"We have to report back to our mother," Alec said.

"You and Isabelle do that. I'll be fine on my own," Jace and I said in unison.

Simon and Clary help Luke walk as Jace carries me in his arms.

"I can walk on my own Wayland," I huff.

"No. Not this time Fray," Jace sighed. "I know you're in pain and you're still bleeding."

"At least I still look better," I said.

"Both of your wounds are deep and only a Warlock can cure an alpha's bite and werewolf bite," Jace said.

"We have to go to Magnus," I said.

"Hey, that's exactly what we're going to do," Jace said.

Jace continued to walk and I caught eyes with Alec. Regret filled inside and I can feel the broken heart inside of me. Worse than the pain of burned and bitten skin. They set Luke and I in the car besides one another. Luke's hand met mine.

"Kiana. Luke. Stay with me please. I can't lose you two. I can't have anyone else die because of me," Clary cried.

"Never Clare Bear," I mutter weakly.

Kiana Fray

I could hear faint conversation around me. The noise ringing in my ear as I try to figure out where on Earth am I. I feel myself being set on a comfortable couch and a hand run through my hair.

"Be strong little one."

I felt magic surge around me and I let out a loud scream as the pain from the bite affected me.

"Hold her down," Magnus yelled.

"Kiana please calm down, we're here," Jace said.

"Take the venom out of her she doesn't need to be a werewolf. She can be cured Magnus," Luke said. "Give the venom to me."

Everything then grew dark and sleep fell upon me.

••

"Kiana," Alec whispered. "I'm sorry."

I open my eyes and try to pinch myself awake.

"Is this a dream," I ask. "Or are you really here."

"I'm really here," Alec sniffles.

He holds my hand in his and with his other he caresses my cheek.

"I thought I lost you," Alec said. "When they took you... I'm sorry. The Institute was all I knew growing up. But then you came back into my life Kiana."

I watch as Alec pulls out familiar sketches from his pockets. He unfolds them and I see the sketch I drew of him when I first saw him on the field.

"They made it out okay," I ask.

Alec smiles and nodded. He then pulls out another drawing and hands it too me.

"This is me and the little girl, you're the little girl," Alec smiles.

"We found each other and we didn't know," I ask.

"I'm truly madly and deeply in love with you," Alec said.

"And I with you."