Chapter Forty

Kiana Branwell

I woke up the next morning and left to visit Raphael at Hotel DuMort. I waited outside and called Raphael's cell phone.

"Hello, It's been a while my friend."

A small laugh escaped from my lips.

"Sorry Raph, I've just escaped Azkaban," I chuckle.

This time a laugh escaped from his mouth.

"I'm outside and I'm tired of seeing that damn institute so may you get me," I said.

"I don't see the harm in that," Raphael said.

Within a second the door opened and I saw Raphael's smiling face. He gestured me to enter as he hid in the shade of the building. I hop on his back as he rushes up to the top floor where Simon and I were once held.

"Ah, sweet memories," I chuckle.

A small laugh escaped from his lips as I hop off his back and my feet plant to the concrete. My phone went off for the 300th time this morning from Alec, Jace, Lydia and Clary. Luke was still scratch that Luke just texted me.

Luke : where are you?

Kiana: Hiding. I'm fine I just didn't feel like going back to the institute.

I ignore the incoming text messages and shove my phone into my pocket before joining Raphael on the couch.

"So, you were on trial," He asks.

"The most boring thing ever," I answer. "Have you watched Harry Potter?"

"How else am I supposed to ship Dramione," Raphael said.

A small smile pulls at our lips.

"Remember Umbridge," I ask.

"How can I forget," Raphael chuckled.

"She reminded me of the ever so lovely and kind Madame Inquisitor," I said.

"I will have order," Raphael and I mimic.

The two of us laugh in unison.

"I've missed you Edward," I said.

"Stop calling me that," Raphael groaned.

"Nah," I tease.

"I'm Cedric," Raphael said.

"Right and I'm Cho," I joke.

"At least we're dating," Raphael said.

"Never was a fan of Cho," I said.

Raphael and I laugh again. My smile fades.

"What's wrong," Raphael asks.

"Do you ever think you're making the right choice for the person you love by letting them go," I ask.

Raphael looks me in the eyes and holds my hands in his.

"I know exactly how that feels," he said.

"What can I do," I sigh.

"Let them be happy," Raphael answered.

I pull him in for a hug and he holds me back. The two of us pull away and he cups my cheek with his cold hand.

"You're a really great friend Raphael and I don't know where you've been all my life," I chuckle.

"Making sure Cedric still survived and changed his name to Edward," Raphael jokes.