Chapter Sixty Four

I woke up the next morning laying next to Isabelle peacefully asleep. I tuck a stray piece of hair behind her ear and get up from the bed we shared. My shoulder was still in pain from the stab I received last night. I get up from the bed and make my way out of the room and into the kitchen where Sebastian was cooking breakfast.

"Uh, good morning and thank you for letting us sleep over for the night," I said.

The blonde sent me a wide smile.

"Don't worry about it," he said. "Anything for fellow Shadowhunters."

Sebastian set a plate of eggs, French toast and bacon in front of me. I sent him a grateful smile. He caressed my cheek and tucked a loose piece of hair behind me ear just like I did for Isabelle not to long ago.

"I-I have a boyfriend," I whispered.

Sebastian still hadn't removed his hand from my face and kept his smile.

"Good morning," Isabelle said.

Sebastian quickly removed his hand from my face gaining a relieved sigh coming from my mouth.

"Did you two sleep well?" Sebastian asked.

"Thank you for giving up your bed for us," Isabelle said.

Sebastian waved it off.

"How are you feeling?" Sebastian asked. "The both of you?"

"The strongest I've been in a long time," Isabelle said.

"My shoulder is a little sore still," I said.

"You know not many people will take in strangers and be so generous," Isabelle said.

"Well... you're both welcome to stay as long as you need," Sebastian said.

"That's very kind but we need to get back to the Institute," I said. "Before Alec sends out an army."

"You should come with us," Isabelle said.

"Uh thanks, but, um. You know, I've — I've kind of gotten used to being on my own," he replied.

"She's not going to take no for an answer," I said. "It's better if you just come along."

Sebastian sent us a nervous chuckle before finally agreeing to come along. The three of us are breakfast together and quickly made our way back to the institute. Once we arrive we watch as Alec, Jace and Clary pace back and forth in the briefing room.

"Azazel's attacks go as far south as the meat-packing district. And then the trail goes cold," Alec said.

"It's no use just tracking the dead bodies. With his ability to dematerialize, he could be anywhere," Jace replied.

Isabelle and I look at one another and nod.

"Maybe we can help," Isabelle and I said.

"Izzy! Kiana!" Alec gasped. "We've been so worried about you. Where have you been?"

I didn't want Alec to know where we truly were out doing. Nor that I lost sight of Isabelle when I promised him I'd take care of her.

"Looking for Azazel," I answered.

Isabelle sent me a thankful smile and turned towards Sebastian.

"This is Sebastian Verlac, from the London Institute. When the demon came after us, Sebastian saved our life," Isabelle said.