Chapter Forty One

Kiana Branwell

"So you'll help me," Isabelle asks.

I shrug my shoulders as she smiles.

"Seems only fair that if they're going to get married I help the groom's sister plan the wedding. Isn't it funny, the little sisters are planning our older siblings weddings," I sigh.

"Will you be okay," Isabelle asks.

I force a smile and nod. Two other shadow hunters joined us and Isabelle gestured us to follow her.

"Bring the flowers out to the wedding tent," she directed.

"How should we set the flowers," Tay asks.

"You should put the lilies up on the dais, and lay the roses petals at the entrance," I said.

Isabelle sent me an approved nod and smile.

"Isabelle and Kiana, which color do you like better? It's for the curtains adorning the wedding tent," Syd asks.

I like the color black.

"Hmm," Isabelle smiled.

"The cobalt blue. It's elegant, masculine and very Alec," I sighed.

"Cobalt blue it is," Isabelle smiled.

"I'll put the Cobalt blue out right away," Syd said.

"How are we supposed to get any work done with all this going on," Jace said.

I jumped in my spot and punched him on his shoulder before holding my chest.

"Don't scare me like that," I frown.

He rolls his eyes.

"We haven't had a wedding here in years," Isabelle sighed.

"Isabelle I'm just going to go I'll be back in an hour, a month or a year or two," I mutter.

Isabelle was engulfed in a conversation with an angry Jace. I make my way to where my mom's body hovered. Where Luke and Clary were. Where my family was. I joined the two and Luke wrapped an arm around my shoulder being a protective father. I watch her body float as Luke and Clary talk amongst one another.

"I'm looking for Lydia. Have any of you seen her? I don't mean to interrupt your," Alec said.

I peek out from my hiding spot in Luke's chest and meet Alec's eyes. So far we've done a fantastic job avoiding one another.

"No, stay for a minute," Clary said.

My sister has a death wish.

"I gotta get back to the station," Luke said.

"Cool I'll come with and crash at yours," I said.

"I need you here with me sis," Clary frowned.

Her eyes then met Luke's.

"Call me if anything changes," Luke said.

"Sure," I sigh.

"Yeah," Clary said.

Luke then left the room sending me a small sympathetic smile. Alex's eyes met mine and I turn away from him and just stare at my mother, Jocelyn. I felt someone stand next to me and judging from the peppermint it was Alec.

"So, how is she," Alec asks.

I didn't answer.

"The same, I guess," Clary answered.