Chapter Fifty Seven

Kiana's Point of View.

"Seriously Jace, can you keep it down the next time you decide to have someone over," I yawn.

Jace and I were boxing in the training room. Jace sent me a small smirk.

"Just because I'm getting some and you're not," He laughed.

"Shut up," I groan.

I punch Jace on the face and smirk.

"Just because you and Clary are related now doesn't mean you have to be a dick," I laugh.

Jace flicked me off and then tackled me to the ground.

"What're you two doing."

Jace and I look up at Isabelle before getting up off the floor.

"Training," we said in unison.

"Uh huh," Isabelle said before walking away.

Jace and I look at one another. He breaks the stare and tosses me a water bottle.

"Thanks," I smile.

"You should probably help Magnus set up for the party," Jace said.

"He said he has it all under control. Besides, impressing a woman who hates me is a waste of my time," I shrug. "I have better things to do like track down Valentine and kill him."

Jace places a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry," Jace sighed.

"Don't get soft on me blondie," I said. "Can't have your emotions cloud your judgement on me."

I notice as Jace tenses up and looks at the door. I notice that multiple shadowhunters look at him as if he were some traitor.

"Why don't you fix your eyes and mind your damn business," I snap. "Or else we can have a problem."

They all walk off.

"You didn't have to do that," Jace said.

"Of course I did. You're my family," I said. "As annoying as you are you're my family."

"How about we call it a day," Jace said. "You may not like Maryse but that doesn't mean we can't make it a fun night for Max."

I nod in agreement.

"You can help me pick out a gift for Max," I smile.

Jace chuckled.

"Beats being here."