Chapter Fifty Six

Alec Lightwood

I enter Magnus's home looking for my girlfriend. I make my way to her bedroom only to notice she's not in it and the bed is made. I then make my way to Jace's where I open the door only to find two blondes in bed. I then make my way to the bed and remove the blanket. It wasn't Kiana. Thank the angels.

"Dude, what the hell," Jace's play mate yelled.

I look away and toss the blanket onto her body.

"Jace, do you know where Kiana is," I ask.

Jace rolled his eyes before getting up and putting clothes on. We both walk out of his room and he shakes his head.

"She usually goes to the gym at this hour," Jace said. "I didn't feel like tagging along today."

I look back to the now closed door and nodded.

"I thought I heard your voice," Magnus said as he entered with drinks.

"It's 8 in the morning," I said.

"It's not for him," Jace chuckled.

As if on cue, Kiana walked through the front door with a duffle bag. She grabbed the drink from Magnus and took it as if it were nothing. As if it were natural.

"Thanks M," she sighed.

She then kissed my cheek before making her way to the shower.

Magnus made another drink and then wandered off into his home. The girl inside Jace's room was all dressed. She kissed Jace before making her way out. Minutes passed by and Kiana finally was ready for the day.

"Listen Jace, the next time you have company over keep it down," Kiana sighed.

"I made pancakes," Magnus said.

He handed Kiana a plate of food before giving us all ours. She sent him a small smile before eating her food.

"Thanks," I said.

"Why do you look worried," Kiana asked.

"Max and my mother are back," I said. "Max is doing his rune ceremony."

"That's great news," Jace said.

"I'm proud of the little guy," Kiana said.

"I have to throw him a party," I said. "It's traditional."

"How about we have it at my place," Magnus smiled.

"You don't have to do that," I said.

"Any excuse to throw a party," Magnus said. "It'll liven up things around here between these two."

Kiana and Jace glare at each other before looking at me.

"Something wrong," I ask.

"Everything is fine."