Chapter Thirty Nine

Alec Lightwood

The news of Jace and Clary being back made me a little happy, only because Kiana would be out of this situation. I opened the door where Hodge said Clary and Jace would be with Jocelyn. I opened the door and watched the scene. Jocelyn's body floated in the air as green magic covered around her.

"Clary gave Lydia the Cup," Jace said, as he approached me. "Hodge is taking her to lock it up until she goes back to Idris."

Not really wanting to get into an argument I kept my eyes on Jocelyn.

"Okay," I answered.

"Okay," Jace scoffs. "That's it, Alec?"

My eyes left Jocelyn's body and met Jace's different colored eyes.

"I don't want to get into it," I said.

I means the situation Clary and Jace put us all through. I turn my back about to leave.

"Stop," Jace demanded. "I do want to get into it. You almost killed me and Kiana. You weakened our parabatai bond just to find me."

"You betrayed me," I snapped. "You lied to me. You attacked me when I was doing what we should've been doing together."

"I didn't betray you, Alec. I saved you from yourself," Jace spoke.

I scoffed, save me from what?

"If you'd have taken Meliorn to be tortured, you would have that on your conscience for the rest of your life," Jace tried to reason.

At least I didn't risk Kiana's life or turn my back against her.

"Really," I scoffed.

"Really," Jace said.

"Everything you do is for a higher principle. You took the Cup, and you nearly handed it over to Valentine," I snapped.

"That was not our intention. You know that," Jace sighed.

"Our intention," I scoffed. "Was it your intention to risk Kiana's life for hers? This isn't about Clary. This is about you. Now I'm going to tell Kiana that she still has a future."

I walked away from Jace and made my way to what Kiana calls her 'Prison Cell in Azkaban'. I can't believe Jace and Clary would be selfish to risk her life like that.

Kiana Branwell

My red eyes looked at the reflection in the mirror. Tears roll down my face as Magnus tries to comfort me.

"I'm sorry we lost the case," Magnus spoke.

I turned to face Magnus and force a smile on my face as I wipe the tears away.

"Yeah but at least we lost with style," I said, trying to point of the positive.

Magnus sent me a small smile as he looked at my face. I heard the door open behind me and I saw Isabelle and Alec enter the cell of Azkaban.

"They allow visitors in Azkaban now? Cool," I said trying to make him smile or anything just to hold the memory longer.

"Jace and Clary are back," Alec said. "They gave the Cup to Lydia. You're free to go."

Alec had a bright smile on his face. Just what I needed to see to complete my life. Him smiling is all I need.

"You were right, they came back. You knew," I exclaimed.