Chapter Sixty

Kiana's Point of View

I remove myself from Jace's arms. I gather my composure and ready my weapons. I am going to save you Clary, even if it kills me. I will save you. 

 "Okay, this isn't good. Clary could be anywhere," Simon panicked. 

"Simon, I need you to calm down if we want to find her, can you do that for me?" I asked. 

Simon controlled his breathing and calmed himself down.

"Not just anywhere, Valentine still needs a bolt of lightning," Jace answered. 

"Great. So what's the plan?" Simon asked.

"You want me to check the five-day forecast for every city in the entire world?" Jace asked sarcastically. 

"Jace now is not the time," I snapped. 

"You were right. Finding Madzie was way too easy," Simon sighed. 

"As much as I love to hear you say that, now is really not the time," Jace replied. 

I feel my phone vibrate in my back pocket. It was Luke.

 "Okay, Luke just texted me," I said.

"Maybe he can do something," Simon said. 

Before either of us could reply. We were cut off by the sound of a man screaming. 

"What the hell," the three of us said in unison. 

The three of us went to investigate the scene. There was a vampire feasting off of a man and a seelie by his side.

 "Don't move!" Jace shouted.

The two got away by climbing up a fire escape. I went to check the man's pulse.

"He's dead," I frowned. 

"Dude, that's not normal. Even the worst of Camille's people wouldn't risk attacking a mundane on the street," Simon said. 

"Especially not with a Seelie," Jace said. 

"That was a Seelie?" Simon asks. 

"What kind of fuckery is this," I sighed. "First we have to worry about the downworld coming after Clary, then we have to find Madzie only for her to work with Valentine and take my sister away from us now we have to deal with this!"

"We'll get her back Kiana, I promise," Jace said. 

"Do you think that's what Luke was talking about? A Downworld revolt?" Simon asked. 

"No. No, I recognize that vamp. He's in Valentine's zoo," Jace said. 

"Why would Valentine have Downworlders attack mundanes? That makes no sense," Simon said. 

"It must have something to do with the Sword," I replied. "I have to call Alec to let him know what's going on." 

I immediately call Alec on my phone. After the first ring he answers. 

"Kay? Are you okay?" Alec asks. 

"You don't know how good it is to hear your voice right now, but no. Something weird's going on, Alec," I said.

"Yeah, tell me about it. We have reports of violent Downworlders all over Manhattan," Alec replied. "

"I think it's Valentine. I can explain later, but right now, I need your help,"I said.

 "Is Clary?" He asked. 

 "He has her Alec, we fulfilled the blood oath, but now he has her. He may be trying to activate the soul sword. It's probably best if you have people looking for her," I said. 

"Yeah, that's not that easy. Aldertree dispatched every Shadowhunter we have to stop the attacks," Alec replied. "I can come and help you though." 

Before Alec could reply, Simon interjected. 

"Hey, I think I know how to find Clary," Simon said. 

"Well let's get to it Lewis. I got to go Alec. I love you so much," I said. 

"I love you too, please, be careful," He replied. 

Alec and I ended our conversation and I followed Simon and Jace.

"So the plan is to track the vampire that attacked this dead mundane?" I asked. 

"Once we find him, we can question him," Simon said. 

I ruffle Simon's hair and send him a small smile. 

"Well let's get to it Lewis," I smile.

Jace and I follow Simon and we make our way to an apartment building. The vamp from before was attacking a woman with a friend.

"I got him," I said. 

I approach the second vampire and cut him down with my sword. Simon and Jace cornered the one from earlier. 

"Where do you come from? Where's Valentine? Where's Valentine? Tell me," Simon asked beating the Vamp with his fists. 

The vamp didn't say anything and just kept growling at us. 

"Tell me!" Simon yelled.  

All of a sudden a gunshot went off from behind us. The vamp that I thought I killed now on the ground by the hands of Luke.

"Are you kidding me? I thought he was dead," I sighed. "Thanks Luke."

"He definitely is now," Luke said. 

Luke slowly approached us and examined the now dead vampire. 

"Valentine must be experimenting again. I bet there's more where that came from," Luke said. 

"Which means...you're gonna tell us where he is, or you're gonna end up just like your friend," I threatened. 

It definitely took some punches and cuts to the vamp but he finally revealed Valentine's hide out. We all make our way to the abandoned building. 

"Okay, I know this is an abandoned building, but it's starting to seem extra-abandoned," Simon said. 

I agree. 

"Are we too late?" Jace asked. 

"No. Scent's still fresh. Someone's here. We gotta move fast," Luke said. 

I ready my bow and arrows and follow after Luke.

"Fan out. Cover as much ground as you can," He said. 

"Luke, I am so sorry," I sighed. "I let him take her. I should've been more careful."

"It isn't your fault. Besides you always protect your sister," Luke said. 

I smiled.

"More than I really should," I chuckled. 

I could hear Jace and Clary talking. I smiled. He found her. Luke and I follow the sound of their voices only to see Jace trapped in some kind of spell and Simon being taken away by Valentine. 

"What the hell is going on here? It's a fucking mad house," I sighed. 

I ran next to Clary and punched her shoulder. 

"The next time you let some little girl kidnap you I'm going to punch you in the face. Now let's go and save Simon," I said.