Chapter Thirty Six

Kiana Branwell

I pace around the room trying to find a way to stop Alec from doing this to risk his bond with Jace for me. He shouldn't risk his bond for me. I'm just a girl he thought he loved. I wouldn't blame him for falling for my sister. She's beautiful and more mature for him. She's exactly everything she needs. I felt something pinch at my neck and then suddenly the room started spinning.

"RAJ," I called.

Everything grew hazy as Raj's face appeared in front of mine as he tried to wake me up but I was weak and closed my eyes.

Alec Lightwood

Lydia and I were making our way back to the Institute. I was furious at Jace for running like that. I was furious at the fact that he would risk Kiana's life for his stupid girlfriend. Lydia's phone went off and I saw Raj's contact flash. What trouble did she get into now? My phone began to go off in my pockets and I saw Isabelle's contact flash so I immediately answered.

"Isabelle what's going on," I ask.

"Alec," Isabelle sniffled.

I felt as if my heart were about to jump out of my chest and force an arrow into it.

"Kiana, there is something wrong with her you need to come back now," Isabelle said.

I ended the phone call and grabbed Lydia's arm and dragged her back to the Institute. We immediately rush to the Infirmary where I saw Magnus hover above Kiana's pale and almost lifeless body. Isabelle's eyes met mine and she rushed towards me for a tight hug. Raj looked at me with sorrow and glanced at Lydia and Kiana.

"What happened to her," Lydia asks.

Remus wheeled the security footage to us. On the screen we saw Kiana pacing back and forth in the entire room and then she fell to the floor and yelled for Raj. Raj entered the room in panic and tried healing her.

"She was attacked," I said.

"How," Lydia asks.

"This has something to do with Clary and Jace I bet," I snapped.

Her heart monitor went from a flatline and then started beeping again. I felt relief in my heart but pain showed on my face due to me almost losing her. Have you almost ever lost someone you love and wanted one more conversation. One more chance to make up for the time when I thought she would be here forever. Lydia wrapped her arms around me as she cried in joy over her sister being alive.

"Alec," Kiana mumbled.

I kindly push Lydia to the side and held Kiana's hand in mine as her eyes remained closed.

"Tell Jace I'll kill him for almost killing me," she muttered.

I tried my hardest not to find the bastard myself and kill him. Kiana almost died because of him.

"Sorry Alec," she muttered. "I don't hate you."

A small smile formed on my face as I kissed her hand. I pushed the hair out of her face and let her go. I sat on the chair next to her ignoring the stares of the others.

"I'll watch her," I said.

"You heard Alec," Lydia smiled.

Lydia and the others exited the infirmary and I watched as her chest rose and fell.

"I am probably the most stupid person on earth huh," I ask.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"But you make me a better person and I need you to be alive for me," I said.

I leaned in closer to her ear.

"Truth is I'm still madly in love with you," I said.

A small smile showed on her face as she held my hand tightly.

"And I still love you to."