Chapter Twenty Three

Kiana Fray

"I should head back to the Institute to make sure Isabelle is handling my mother's return," Alec said.

I send him a small smile.

"Go and be there for my sister," I smile.

I kiss Alec's cheek and he turns red. His lips meet mine and I roll my eyes and kiss him back before gently pushing him off.

"I'm not losing you again," Alec said. "I don't plan on it."

I roll my eyes and smile at Alec.

"You're not losing me," I smile.

I kiss his cheek once more and he gets ready to head out of Magnus's apartment. Luke had told Clary and I what had happened when he was in Idris and how Valentine had betrayed him. Alec leaves the loft and I make my way to Magnus who was making a concoction in the living room.

"Isn't it too early to drink," I ask.

Magnus rolls his cat eyes and pulls me in for a hug.

"You scared me biscuit," Magnus said.

"I scare a lot of people," I chuckle.

"You'll be okay," Magnus smiled.

I pull him in for a hug and chuckle.

"You saved my life," I said.

"Alec saved your life," Magnus said.

"How," I ask.

"His love for you is pretty obvious," Magnus said.

I smile widely.

"Just don't let Luke know that," I giggle.

"It stays between us biscuit," Magnus said.

My phone soon goes off and I see Clary's name across the screen. I immediately answer the phone and excuse myself from Magnus.

"Hey Clary, what's up," I ask.

"Hey, Jace and I need your help. I think I found the Cup but it's in Luke's desk drawer," Clary said.

"Well, have Luke get it," I said. "Also how is it in Luke's drawer."

"That's the thing. He was arrested for some kind of conspiracy thing," Clary said.

"I'm on my way," I said.

I hang the phone up and make my way back to Magnus.

"Say no more. Your father is in trouble," Magnus said.

With a snap of his fingers I was cleaned up and changed into black clothing.

"Thank you," I smile.

"You can use my motorcycle," Magnus said.

With a snap of his finger I was in a garage and on a motorcycle.

"I love Magnus," I chuckle.

I start the engine up and drive out of the parking lot and onto the busy streets. I make my way to the parking lot of the police station. I get off the bike and make my way inside to the receptionist where I see Alec miserably trying to flirt with Natalie. I approach Natalie and smile.

"Hey Nat, is it okay if I go and see Captain Vargas I need some you know female advice about my rapscallion boyfriend he's not exactly what you know Jocelyn or Luke would like and I need someone who has experience with this sort of thing," I chuckle.

"Not sure Luke would like the tattoos," Natalie said.

"Eh," I chuckle. "I'm a big girl." 

"Go on in," She smiled. "And you. Beat it."

I face Alec and cross my arms.

"This punk bothering you Natalie," I asked.

"Kiana you came here for advice not to go to jail again," Natalie chuckled. "I haven't seen you around in a while."

"You know I'd do anything for you Natalie," I said. "Besides I've also been in Cali for my college soccer scholarship remember."

"Where the exit is should be fine for him," Natalie said. "And congrats. You're amazing. I remember the whole squadron coming to support you."

"Then I was arrested," I chuckle.

"I need the keys on her desk. I need to toss them to Isabelle," Alec thought.

Alec reached for a broacher and ended up spilling Natalie's water. He helped her clean it up as he flicks the keys to Isabelle. I grab him by the shirt and pull him outside of the station.

"Don't hurt him too bad," Natalie said.

I shove Alec to the wall and roll my eyes before planting my lips on his and kissing him. I pull away and smile.

"Should've waited for me. Natalie loves me," I smile.

"I'm a rapscallion," Alec smirks.

"Just a little," I wink. "Come on. I know a short cut."

"How do you know the shortcut to a police station," Alec chuckles.

"Luke took me here a lot for daughter and me days. Let's just say I had a knack for adventures," I smirk.

I hold Alec's hand in mine as the two of us make our way to the back where I pull out my key card Captain Vargas made for me in case I needed someone to talk to considering she herself was an orphan adopted.

"I'm sorry, you're amazing," Alec smiles.

"Oh. I know," I smile.