Chapter Thirty One

Kiana Fray

"It's just I put my trust into it Luke. I rushed into things and look where that got me heartbroken," I sighed. "I feel so stupid."

"Stupid? Never. Crazy? Maybe," Luke joked.

A small laugh escaped from my mouth. Luke pulled me in for a hug and I felt somewhat better. I heard footsteps approach. Luke and I both jumped up and held our weapons out. It was only Isabelle and Jace.

"So this is your great hideout," Jace asked.

"It's perfect actually, the Clave would've never looked here," I said.

"Well, if you're out here where's Clary," Isabelle asked.

"Inside. She and Simon are under Raphael's protection, I kept the lone wolf company and guarded the Hotel with Luke," I explained.

"So do we like knock on the front door or something," Jace asked.

I rolled my eyes and turned my phone on.

100 missed calls - Alec

50 text messages - Alec

"Why was your brother calling me," I asked Isabelle.

Isabelle shrugged her shoulders. I dialed Raphael's number and placed the phone to my cheek.

"Ah, my friend," Raphael said.

"Hey, Raph, Calvary is here," I chuckled.

"I'll bring them down," Raphael said.

"Hey, thanks for helping," I said.

"Anything," Raphael said.

The two of us ended our phone call. My phone started to buzz and I saw Alec's number. I declined the call.

"You're friends with a vampire," Jace asked.

"This isn't the time for the Shadowhunter and Downworlder dislike. Really, it isn't," I said.

Jace gave me a quick nod. I heard the door open. Clary ran towards Jace and hugged him. Simon walked towards Isabelle and I and hugged us. Raphael watched from the door. I sent him a small smile and he went back inside.

"How's everything at the Institute," I asked.

"Not so good," Isabelle answered.

"So this is where you all decided to hide," Jace asked.

"The Clave would have never suspected us to hide here," I said.

"Can we please focus on the matter at hand? Unless no one here cares that the Clave is planning on murdering Meliorn," Isabelle sighed.

"What? They can't do that," I said.

"They think Meliorn has more information on Valentine and the attack than what he is saying," Jace explained.

"Bullshit. This is all Lydia's fault. If she never was sent here things would be better - Alec - never mind," I sighed.

Jace and Isabelle sent me a sympathetic smile.

"They are planning on taking him to the Silent Brothers," Isabelle said.

"We have to help him," I said.

Jace smiled widely.

"There's my girl, that's the plan Rescue and Recover," Jace said.