Imagine #3: Damon

Imagine Damon stopping you from harming yourself
Trigger warning: Self harm, suicidal thoughts, negative self image etc.
Author's note: I'd just like to say that I don't mean to offend anyone by the imagine and I did my best to represent the reader's thoughts in this but I haven't experienced some of the issues addressed here personally so I'm sorry if I portray anything incorrectly or offensively but please don't attack me in the comments if I have

Y/N sat on the bathroom floor with tears streaming down her face, remembering her now ex-boyfriends words.

No one actually likes you Y/N. You're a bitch and you need to lose some weight. I mean usually I'm not that superficial but LOOK at you, it's disgusting. Would you just- leave? Please? I never liked you, I'm sorry.

His words shouldn't have hurt that much, she knew it was true, they were the same things she told herself every time she passed a mirror. She'd thought she'd been doing better with her weight. She hadn't eaten since Tuesday and she'd been sure the last kilo to drop off had been at least a little noticeable.

With shaky hands she pulled out her blades and pulled up her sleeves. Her scars from last time were still healing and usually she would've waited longer before slicing up her arms again but she couldn't help herself. She needed to feel something, to stop the voices in her head, release, anything.

She made a single cut along her left wrist, letting the blood fall into the bathtub where she could clean it up. She only had two hours before Caroline was coming over to have a "girl's night" to cope with the breakup. She didn't hear Damon open her front door. Her focus was solely on her arm and the blade slicing into it.

Damon smelt blood the second he entered the house. He kept quiet, creeping up the stairs towards the scent of the blood, convinced that Klaus or someone of the sort had broken into Y/N's house and attacked her. He tried to ignore the thumping of his heart at the thought that Y/N was hurt. He couldn't like her. He'd promised himself he wouldn't like anyone after Katherine had betrayed his love so horribly.

Y/N made another cut on her other wrist this time, watching at the single cut opened two or three others from last time and blood poured down into the drain. She didn't notice how light her head was or how much blood actually splattered the edges of the bathtub. She couldn't help but be captivated by the sight of the red liquid, too caught up in the moment to realize just how far she'd gone this time.

Y/N didn't see Damon behind her until it was too late. He rushed forward, taking her blades from her cutting his own hand deeply in the process but not caring.

"What in fuck's name are you doing?" He yelled, forcing his wrist to her mouth before she could answer and ensuring she had swallowed his blood before releasing her.

"I- I- He- Don't pretend you care." She finally spat out, pushing herself away from him, only to have him grab her chin forcing her to look him in the eye.

"You think I don't care?" He said, anger filling his voice as his gaze switched between Y/N's eyes and the blood covering the two of them.

"I- You- Stop. None of you- like me. You just feel sorry for me because I'm a mess." Y/N said covering her ears for a second before Damon pulled her arms back down so that he could monitor the healing of the cuts. He sighed as the last of the cuts turned to nothing but a simple scar and felt his anger fade a little now that he knew Y/N wasn't about to die of blood loss.