Imagine #40: Kai

Imagine being in the prison world with Kai and falling for him

(I know I just did I Kai one but I really liked this idea)

"Are you okay?" Kai came rushing to your side as you let out a small strangulated groan. You'd been locked in the prison world on the same night that your Ripper best friend had shot you in the side and framed you for her murders. Just your luck because now every time the prison world reset and the day began again so did your wound, leaving you in agony for the rest of your life.

"I'm fine." You said, following him out to the car trying not to show any pain on your face. This damned bullet wound wasn't going to ruin whatever morsel of a life you could have in this world, no matter how much it stung.

"You have a bullet in your side." Kai pointed out.

"Really? I had no idea. It's only been there for fifteen years." You replied sarcastically. "And the bullets not actually in there, I pull it out every morning." You added.

"Seriously are you okay?" He tried again as you both got into the car. "I'm worried about you."

"You're always worried about me." You joked, failing to hide the sour tone in your voice. It sucked, it really did and you couldn't blame Kai for it. He'd tried so hard to fix you over the past fifteen years but the two of you had quickly wasted what little magic he could find on your injury and had never made any progress.

"I'm going to get you out of here, Y/N." Kai said sternly and your stomach churned at his tone. "You don't deserve this." He added the words but I do dangling unsaid between you. In truth, you didn't like to think of Kai as a murderer it was easier to pretend he was wrongfully imprisoned just like you. That didn't make it true but it made it easier to spend eternity with a killer. It also made it easier to make the mistake of falling for him but that was a problem you were desperately trying to ignore.

He pulled up in front of the grocery store and the two of you walked in and for the millionth time you blushed as Kai put his arm around you in an attempt to make walking easier.

"Are you bleeding?" He asked softly, glancing at the stiffened red patch of your shirt. "Y/N, I told you to bandage it!" He said, despair flashing briefly across his face.

"The shirt self cleans when the world resets." You shrugged. "It's only a little bit, it's fine." You said, the sewn up gash choosing that moment to send a stab of pain through your stomach that you could tell was echoed on your face. After fifteen years you thought you'd be tougher. Today was particularly bad though, you'd rushed through pulling out the bullet and sewing it up and your body was making sure you knew it didn't like that.

"No it's not. Get in the cart. I'll push you." Kai ordered, pulling a shopping trolley out of the bay and pushing it into you.

"I feel like walking. Honestly." You assured him and he rolled his eyes knowing it was a lie but accepting your decision anyway. I mean it wasn't like you could die. Well you could but you'd just wake up the next day exactly the same.

"You're impossible." He chuckled.

"You're psychotic." You replied, knowing you'd won this time. He rolled his eyes jokingly, scooping several packets of pork rinds into the cart as he did so.

You were about to say something else before you saw a flash of movement up ahead. In a split second, you pulled Kai aside as whatever it was approached to check out the noise you were making. Your stomach churned in both dread and excitement as you considered the possibility of a third or perhaps even more members to this world.