Imagine #61: Klaus

Imagine being Elena's sister and Klaus being protective of you

Your hands shook like there was no tomorrow and perhaps there wasn't. You remembered being cornered in the alley by the grill and something sharp being injected in your neck but everything after that was a blur. There was blood on your forehead, seeping from a bump you had no idea how you'd concieved. The men who took you had thrown you in this room, yelling about the doppelganger and how much their boss would pay for her. It didn't take log for you to figure out that they had injected you with vervain. They thought you were Elena.

Your phone screen was hard see in your trembling hands but you managed to find Damon's contact pretty quickly. The number rang three times, then four, until it finally rang out and sent you to voicemail. You rang Stefan and nothing. Elena. Nothing. Even Caroline. Nothing. You found yourself scrolling down to Klaus' number but stopped yourself from dialling. Elena would hate you if she found out you called him for help, you told yourself. You dialled anyway. It didn't matter. If no one came for you, you were dead. The phone picked up on the first ring and you felt even more tears stream down your cheeks as you heard the original's voice.

"Evening, love." Klaus said casually.

"Klaus?" Your voice was shaky and forced. You couldn't slow your breathing no matter how hard you tried.

"Y/N, what's wrong?" Klaus asked, his cheery tone disappearing in an instant. "Where are you?"

"I-i don't know, I think it's a s-shipping container." You were trying to calm down but every second of this conversation made it feel so much worse and so much more imminent. "Some guys g-grabbed me, they think I'm Elena." You choked out.

"Love, you're going to be okay, alright? I'm going to come get you." Klaus reassured you. "Just stay on the line, alright love?" He told you and you nodded before mustering a yes. Footsteps outside of the dark metal container appeared, growing closer with each second and your heart leapt to your throat.

"Klaus, they're coming back." You warned him.

"It's okay love, stay calm. Put the phone face down in the corner of the container alright? Don't hang up, I'm going to trace the call to find you." Klaus promised and you slowly did as he said making as little noise as possible.

Sitting in the flimsy wooden chair away from the phone felt like torture, not knowing if Klaus was close or a million miles from tracking you down but you had no choice. The doors to the container creaked open and three men stepped inside.

"You've got to be kidding. You two meatheads grabbed the wrong bitch." One of them said. He grabbed a chunk of your hair and yanked you backwards off of the chair. Tears pricked your eyes but you tried to hold them back. "Where's Elena Gilbert?"

You didn't answer, not that you knew anyway. Instead you attempted to pull yourself to your feet only to be dragged up by your hair still coiled in his grimy fist. You couldn't help the cry of pain that escaped your mouth or the tears that fell down your cheeks as fear engulfed you. He pushed you forwards this time, forcing you to your knees in front of one of the men. Your body shook uncontrollably as you tried to even out your breathes to no avail.

"Tie her up, see if you can get anything out of her. When you're done I don't give a fuck what you do with her." The man said yanking your head back to look him in the eye. "Yer a pretty thing ain't ya? Boys'll have fun with you." He sneered. Something about that became your breaking point as a sob finally racked your body. You didn't dare say anything, too afraid of the look in their eyes. These men would kill you and they would enjoy every second of it.

"Lay another finger on her and I'll ensure your death is as slow as I have the patience for." Klaus' voice nearly brought you to tears, realising you were going to be okay. "Close your eyes, love." He said softly, his eyes finding yours.