Imagine #26: Lucien

Imagine being a Mikaelson and Lucien being in love with you

You couldn't believe your luck. Actually you couldn't believe this at all. Someone had kidnapped you. Y/N Mikaelson, an original no less. There were so many reasons this was wrong. First of all you were one of the oldest people on the planet, you'd think you'd be strong enough or at least smart enough not to get some dark object sprung on you and wake up with a bag on your head and vervain soaked, likely spelled, ropes holding you down. Not to mention that not many people were dumb enough to kidnap Klaus' only full blood relative, granted you weren't a hybrid having not inherited the gene but Klaus was incredibly overprotective of you and treated you better than any of your other siblings having never put the daggers in you, not to say he hadn't tried. You could only think of a handful of people with the resources and intellectual lack thereof to do this and taken the past months events it was most definitely either Aurora De Martel or... Lucien Castle.

Truth be told you didn't even want to think about Lucien. Where Aurora and Klaus had had a short lived fairytale romance, you and Lucien had had nothing but heartache. For years he pined after you without your knowledge and when he did admit his affections to you, the lord Tristan had found out and nearly killed him. Long story short that was how he became a vampire and began to loathe you. You'd been avoiding him since he's come to town, even asking Elijah to tell him you were in your coffin though he clearly hadn't obliged. God you hoped Aurora had kidnapped you.

"I see you're awake, love." Came Lucien's voice and light flooded your vision as he pulled the bag from your head.

"Was the bag really necessary? I know this is your apartment, I've been here before you know." You complained, more concerned about how he'd messed up your hair than actually being held captive. Lucien may be strong but you had five thousand year old vampires on your side, an immortal witch, yet another witch, a two century year old vampire and Camille on your side.

"I'm offended Y/N. You've been into my home and yet you couldn't even find the time to say hello." Lucien said bitterly.

"Oh but you're a busy man Lucien. I hear you're the CEO of some big fancy business now." You replied.

"Nonsense love. I always have time for old friends." Lucien said drawing close to you.

"Well now seems like a good time." You smiled sarcastically. "Where did we leave off? I've had a busy decade you know. What with Klaus breaking his curse, my mother coming back to life like four times to try and kill me, Finn and Kol died but came back and then died again and now Kol's back again but Finn's spirit is trapped in this necklace of Freya's- oh have you met Freya? She's our-"

Lucien turned to you a small smile on his face despite his obvious attempt to hide it. "Y/N, love. I may be in love with you but please shut up."

You faltered at his words but persisted. "Why did you take me anyway. Not to question your grand plan but did you think this through at all?" You smirked.

"If you must know, I plan on luring Klaus here. For that you are the best possible bait." Lucien sighed, walking over to you. He leaned over you trying to adjust the ropes holding you to the chair. The vervain bit into your skin and you winced even though it hasn't actually hurt that much. Lucien jumped slightly, pulling his hands away from you as if he was scared he would break you if he touched you again.

"Is the big bad vampire scared he'll hurt me?" You teased, not expecting a response.

Lucien frowned, anger edging onto his face. "I care for you, Y/N, get over it." He said turning away from you and heading for the window.

"Lucien I-" You started but he turned and held a finger up to his lips. You had company. The elevator dinged and you could hear footsteps as someone stepped out.

"Where is she, Lucien!" Klaus screamed, slamming Lucien's door open so hard the ornate wooden doors splintered under his touch.

"Welcome to the party Klaus. I was hoping you would arrive later... I'm not actually ready for you yet so if you would just take Y/N and go, we can try this again another day." Lucien said flippantly, though the shaking of his hands gave him away.

Klaus didn't dignify him with a response, grabbing the younger vampire by the collar and throwing him into the wall. Holding him there, Klaus brought a fist to his chest, thrusting it inside of him and clutching Lucien's heart in his hand.

"First rule of my city, Lucien. You hurt Y/N, you die. Honestly it wasn't that hard, not that I mind you were starting to get on my bad side anyway." Klaus growled, he tugged on Lucien's heart and he let out a scream of pain.

You couldn't help the small squeal that escaped your throat as Klaus did that. Both their eyes flickered to you and you saw Klaus' anger flicker at the horror on your face at the idea of Lucien dying.

Trying to recover your cool, you spoke again. "Klaus, killing him is more trouble than it's worth. Would you just untie me so we can leave? I'm supposed to go on a girl's day, like three hours ago." You said almost calmly, though undeniably you flinched as Klaus' hand slowly retracted from Lucien's chest.

Lucien crumpled to the ground as Klaus released him, walking over and releasing you with ease. You stood up, following Klaus out without another word as Lucien struggled to regain his breath.

"Hey no hard feelings right love?" Lucien called out after you and you smiled.

"Actually I think you owe me dinner now." You replied, hopping in the elevator just in time so that Lucien was saved the embarrassment of you seeing the grin on his face as his face slammed back onto the ground, unconscious.