Imagine #44: Kol

Imagine being kidnapped by Klaus and meeting Kol (requested)

You were going to kick Damon's ass when you got out of this one. Probably Stefan's too but at least he had no humanity. Damon was just a sucky brother. The suckiest.

The two of them had been pushing Klaus' buttons for months, like he wasn't an almighty hybrid lord of whatever and of course how else would he get back at them than by kidnapping their dear sister. Not that it had been hard for him. A vampire of your age was no match for him as it seemed. Bonnie had been the one to perform the spell, it was either that or he'd kill Matt and if there was one person in this town that didn't deserve this bullshit, it was probably Matt. The spell stopped you from leaving the Mikaelson house, unless you wanted to boil your guts and seeing as Bonnie had no idea how to reverse it, there was little chance your brothers were going to break it any time soon.

-

Klaus gave you a nod as he headed towards the door, keys in hand.

"Be good while I'm gone, won't you?" He said mockingly like you were a poorly trained pet.

You didn't respond instead reaching over and pushing a vase off the table next to you. It smashed, leaving potting mix and glass everywhere. "Oops." You said in monotone, returning your attention to the book you were reading.

"Brilliant." Klaus said sarcastically. "Clean it up." He added looking over the mess you'd made before slamming the door behind him.

You rolled your eyes rather decidedly not making any move to fix what you'd done. He didn't have a house cleaner for nothing did he? He actually paid her and everything.

Just as the book started to get interesting again, you heard footsteps in the driveway again. Seriously? He hadn't even been gone half an hour, you had better things to do than listen to him rant all day. The door opened and shut but you didn't bother turning around.

"Blood bag, hookup or both?" An annoyed voice said from behind you and you turned. You didn't recognise him but you guessed he was either Finn or Kol, the only Mikaelsons you hadn't met.

"Damsel in distress." You said dryly. "I'm under house arrest, your brother kidnapped me."

"Which one?" He asked. "Dumb question actually. Have we met?"

You shrugged, eyes scanning the pages of your book once more. "Don't think so."

"Kol Mikaelson." He said clearly annoyed to not have your full attention.

"Emma. Emma Royds." You replied, still not looking up.

"Mature." He replied, grabbing your book from your lap. "What's your real name?"

"Ivana Mandic." You replied, grinning despite yourself as you saw a flicker of amusement cross his face before anger took over. "It's Y/N Salvatore."

"Ah, a Salvatore. I just staked your brother with a baseball bat." Kol said, holding the handle of what had once been a bat up with a grin. You knew he was challenging you, he wanted you to react.

"Which one?" You said pretending to return to your book. Worry coiled in the pit of your stomach but you swallowed it, feigning disinterest.

"Tall, dark hair, knockoff Katherine Pierce on his arm?" Kol replied, still gaging your lack of reaction.

"Eh. That one deserved it. So did the other, I don't suppose your doing a 2 for 1 deal?" You said turning and flashing him a brilliant smile.

"I haven't had the pleasure of meeting the other yet. Is he as insufferable as Damon?" Kol said casually but you saw the surprise behind his cocky grin.

"Oh yeah." You replied, making the decision that Kol was going to like you on his behalf. It wasn't hard. The Mikaelsson's were all the same; a flash of a smile, a cocky attitude and a complete disregard for the fearful servantry everyone else approached them with and they were putty in your hands. Pulling your top down a little didn't hurt either. "I'm bored." You announced, tossing your very unboring book aside and turning to face Kol.

Kol picked up your book, glancing at the cover. "À la recherché du temps perdu?"

"You speak French, okay then."

"I've been alive a thousand years. I speak ten languages, thirty if you count dead languages." Kol not so humbly bragged.

You resisted rolling your eyes. You'd learned fifteen languages in your century and a half on this earth, he wasn't as incredible as he thought he was. Plastering on your best shock face you replied. "That's amazing. You must be really smart to remember all of that."

Kol leaned over, his fingers gingerly brushing your hair behind your ear. He drew close, his lips nearly brushing your earlobe. "I know what you're doing darling. It doesn't work on me."

You groaned, wisely dropping the act before he got annoyed. "What does work? I just want to go home and read my book in peace."

Kol smiled. "What are you ransom for, darling?"

"Your brother would kill me if I told you... So you can't tell him that I told you, okay?" You paused. "and you can't kill any of my friends for it either." You added realizing that while you couldn't care less about Klaus or Elena, you did care about the rest of the gang.

"You and your brilliant taste in literature have my absolute secrecy."

"You're a fan of Proust?" You raised an eyebrow, it was hardly surprising the book was acclaimed as prime 20th century literature but it didn't strike you as Kol's sort of literature.

"I knew him for a time." Kol shrugged.

You coughed. "Name dropper." Kol smiled, a chuckle escaping his throat before you spoke again. "If I tell you what has Klaus' panties in a twist, you have to help me get out of here."

"And how do you suppose I do that?"

"You used to be a witch. Boundary spells are pretty basic knowledge and there's no way Klaus pulled this out of his ass. It came from your mother's spell book, guaranteed."

"It's called a grimoire."

"It's called a shut up and tell me I'm a genius and that you can do this Kol." You replied.

"Fine. It's a plan, I'll give you that."

"They're looking for the cure."