Imagine #25: Elijah

Imagine going for a late night walk with Elijah

"If I want something, I'll take it, and nothing – nothing will stand in my way." Elijah spat out, releasing his brother from his grip. Klaus had betrayed him again, taking away whatever hope Elijah had had of bringing peace to the city he loved.

He didn't wait for his brother's reply, using his vampire speed to leave the house in seconds. He knew exactly where he was going, his own words pushing him towards one goal, to the girl he loved.

---

She smiled to herself as the candles around her flickered to life, it was a pleasure to use her magic again now that Davina no longer monitored its use, even simple spells like this one helped her flex her magic and keep it strong.

A knock came at her door and she froze, last time she'd opened the door in the middle of the night, Celeste had knocked her out and nearly burnt her house to the ground. She shook her head, ignoring the memory. Celeste was dead, Elijah had saved her.

Elijah. She couldn't think of him now, sure they'd kissed a little over a week ago but that hadn't been a real kiss right? Elijah swore he only did so because he had thought she was dead. She'd been trying not to think of that particular original vampire as of late, she hated the control he had over her. It wasn't fair that she would do anything for him that her heart beat faster whenever he was near, that he made her very knees weak when he touched her and still he wouldn't be with her. His quest to right his brother's wrongs consuming him too fully for him to fall victim to his own desires.

She stumbled on the stairs, cursing to herself. She'd lost herself in thought again. The knock at the door came again and she ran down the stairs, worried how long she'd left her guest waiting out there, it was pouring down rain after all. She opened the door slowly and gasped.

"Elijah, what are you doing here?" She said trying to sound casual and failing, if he was listening then he'd hear her heart racing anyway.

"I was wondering if you might join me on a walk." Elijah said, staring in wonder at the girl in front of him, even in this half-light, with her makeup washed off and what appeared to be one of his old dress shirts likely the one he'd given her as pajama's some months ago on her thin frame and a pair of old black leggings, she looked incredible.

"Elijah, it's pouring down rain." She said slowly, a mischievous glint in her sparkling green eyes.

"Yes, well- I didn't really think this through." Elijah said suddenly quite nervous that the petite girl before him would reject him after all this time. After all he had been stringing her along for months, trying to resist his attraction towards her.

"Actually, I think this is a brilliant idea." She said as a bright smile broke off across his face making Elijah return it without even realizing.

She bent over to grab some shoes from behind the door, Elijah couldn't help the smile that found its way onto his face as she produced bright yellow gum boots, slipping them on her feet with ease.

"As you can tell, I'm a real class act." She said rolling her eyes at the amused look on his face. "Now shall we?" She said holding her elbow out.

"I believe that's my job." Elijah said his humor evident in his voice as he hooked her elbow in his.

They walked down the empty street, the awnings on the shops sheltering them from the downfall, the sound of the rain the only sound between them.

"Hayley told me what happened with Klaus." She said quietly, knowing how Elijah must feel being betrayed by his brother again just when it seemed things were turning for the better.