Imagine #41: Enzo

Imagine being a prisoner at Augustine and rescuing your brother Damon and Enzo from Augustine (requested)

Oh boy oh boy I've never written for Enzo before, I'm so sorry if this sucks

"Tell me something about yourself Enzo." You said finally after a couple of hours of silence. Damon was asleep and Enzo had only woken up an hour or two ago after his session with the doctor so you'd been debating whether or not to speak up ever since you heard him groan and heave himself into a sitting position.

"Like what?" He chuckled weakly. Guilt struck your stomach knowing that you were taking half of his daily blood allowance. Of course that was so that the three of you could escape in a few weeks time but it still hurt knowing you were making his experience so much worse.

"Fruit." You finally said, shifting so you were back to back with Enzo, the small hole in the wall by your fingertips. "What fruits do you like?"

"Apples, green not red. Grapes. Strawberries." Enzo said, his breaths shallow and pained. His fingertips reached to brush yours and you repositioned yourself so your fingers rested atop his.

"God, strawberries. What I would do for a strawberry." You joked. "I would kill you for one, Enzo. Just one."

"A few weeks and we'll be out of here, Y/N. Then I'll take you on a picnic and you can have as many strawberries as you can stomach." Enzo whispered and you smiled despite everything. Even just the image of a picnic seemed wishful. Lately, it was hard to even picture the sky.

"It's the little things isn't it? That you miss the most, I mean." You paused. "Maybe I'll finally get a decent look at your face." You added.

"He's an ugly one, Y/N." Damon called out from his cell across the walkway. He was lucky in some ways, at least he could see who he was talking to but god he must've been lonelier over there. "You could do better."

Enzo chuckled half-heartedly, knowing Damon was joking. "Thought you were asleep."

"Well you two won't shut up." Damon replied, it was dark enough at this time of what you presumed was night that you could barely see his face across the hall. "I like red apples, for what it's worth."

-

"Ladies and gentleman, may I present to you a marvel of medicine. My specimen; a person whose blood can heal the wounded or the ill a monster no less but a monster that can be used. Allow me to demonstrate." The doctor announced, relishing in the attention he was getting. He unlocked the cage the three of you stood in, pulling you out by the cuffs. Gingerly he cut into his own hand and then into yours collecting your blood in a small vial. "Watch as the monster's blood heals the wound on my hand." He said, bringing the vial to his lips and swallowing. Everyone watched in awe as the cut disappeared.

You swallowed thickly, this was your time. The doctor unlocked the cuffs on your wrists as he attempted to drain more of your blood. Using every morsel of strength left in your body you grabbed his head and twisted it, snapping his spinal cord and dumping his now twitching body to the ground.

"Who's next?" You asked turning to face the crowd. Everything descended into panic around you. Several of the doctor's assistants came at you some with vervain, others wielding candles and steak knives they'd scavenged from the now ruined banquet. You killed them all without mercy, letting their beating hearts fall to the ground one by one with sickening wet thuds. The candles caught light to the house around you and you had no doubt the doctor's associates were only adding to the flames from outside the house.