Imagine #28: Kai

Imagine getting in a fight with Kai in the prison world

You swung your hips to the music blaring out of your speaker as you made your way around the kitchen. You were making pancakes as you had for the last 157 days, a tradition that Damon had started when you had arrived here with Bonnie and him. You missed them and of course you were bitter about being left here but it wasn't like they chose to leave you. A part of you hoped they'd come back though because 1994 was by all means a terrible year and May 10th was even worse.

Today however, was a good day because in the real world it was your birthday and as much as it sucked being stuck here with Kai, you weren't about to have a bad birthday. Knowing that all your friends would be miserable today and mourning you was also giving you a sick sense of joy despite your protests that you weren't angry at them.

"Really Y/N? Pancakes again?" Kai groaned, walking into the boarding house without asking. A month ago you might have minded but you'd grown accustomed to Kai's company and once you'd made the deal that you wouldn't betray each other to get out or keep the other in here, his psychopathic ass had become almost pleasant company.

"It's a Salvatore house tradition." You smirked, passing him the plate. "Though I'd say a cake would be more appropriate today."

"Ooh do tell, what are we celebrating?" Kai said sarcastically, winking at you.

"It's my birthday." You grinned, knowing he would be just as excited as you. Kai loved holidays, they disrupted the never ending cycle of self-loathing and loneliness that this prison world usually entailed.

"And I'm sure all your friends haven't bat an eye." Kai said in a sing song tone, shoving a jam coated pancake into his mouth.

Your smile fell. "Why would you say that?" You dead panned.

"Be realistic honey. Damon probably told everyone you didn't come here, your soul found peace and all the like and don't act like Bonnie even tried to save you when she wooshed her and Damon's way out of this hellhole leaving you here for all eternity. As for the rest of them, well I haven't met them but I'm guessing that means they don't miss you that much because they clearly haven't tried to get you." Kai said in between mouthfuls of food.

You frowned, anger building up in the pit of your stomach. "Okay well thanks for ruining the one day of the year where I thought I could actually be happy." You snapped, standing up and attempting to clean up your plate.

"It's still your birthday Y/N. Why does it matter so much if everyone else knows it?" Kai grumbled, clearly irritated that you'd reacted so negatively.

You spun around, tears stinging at your eyes. "For one day, everyone else could miss me more than I missed them okay? Excuse me if that mattered to me."

You didn't wait for him to reply, grabbing the keys to Damon's car off the counter and heading out the door. Screw Kai. You could go anywhere. He was right, nobody was coming for you so there was no point staying in Mystic Falls anymore. Why not travel the world, maybe in Australia you wouldn't be able to see this stupid eclipse every single day of your life.

"Y/N wait." Kai said charging out of the house and into the street. "You can't just leave."

"Give me one good reason why not, Kai? The only reason we spend time together is so we won't be alone and clearly you were doing fine with that before I came here so." You said knowing you were being irrational but not really caring.

"You think that's the only reason we're together all the time?" Kai interrupted. "You matter to me, Y/N. I couldn't care less if I'm alone, I just don't want you to leave."

"That's a load of-" You began but he glared at you making you shut up for a moment. "I'm allowed to leave Kai, you can't stop me."

"I'm sorry for what I said?" Kai said awkwardly. "I was being selfish, I wanted you to care about spending your birthday with me was all and I lashed out. I'm really sorry just please don't leave."

"Kai." You said softly, on the verge of relenting. Maybe even giving him a hug.

"At least let me get you your birthday present." Kai said with a huff and you raised an eyebrow.

"You don't have to go get me anything now."

"Uh uh uh, I don't do last minute gifts, not for literally the only other person in the world. I asked Damon when your birthday was months ago, he gave me the wrong date for the record but it's mostly ready and I want you to have it now if you're going to leave." Kai said and you smiled despite yourself. "Just close your eyes and count to... I have to walk all the way home. Count to 60..." He grinned and ran off before you could object.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56-

You heard footsteps and ragged breath approach you and grinned. The poor boy actually ran the whole way.

"You have to hold out your hands." He said in between huffs of air and you obeyed feeling something cool and heavy being placed in your hands.

You opened your eyes, it was a picture album. "What is this?" You said dumbly.

"I- you miss your friends and there's not much I can do about it now but I did track down all their childhood houses and steal their baby pictures so at least you have those- it was kind of a dumb idea but Bonnie said you'd like it." Kai rambled and you grabbed his hand with a grin on your face.

"Thank you." You said softly, not knowing if he'd even let you hug him. "This is- amazing."

"Does that mean you're not gonna leave me?" Kai grinned, hopping from one foot to the other like a child.

"If you'll make me a birthday cake." You joked.

Kai nodded wide eyed, taking you seriously. "I'll make you six cakes a day for the rest of our lives if that's what you want."

"How about we stick with just the one for now." You laughed though a small part of you suddenly didn't mind the fact that you were going to spend every single day with this boy forever. Maybe this wasn't going to be your fate worse than death.

Double update today because I'm on a roll and I disappeared for over a week sorry!! I'm so overloaded with school and work at the moment but I'll update when I can! Thanks for all the nice comments lately, I've been reading them all ahaha

Remember to comment any requests and I'll write them for you!!!