Imagine #43: Damon

Imagine being pregnant with Damon's baby

You stared at the stick in disbelief. Damon was a vampire, you were a witch. It was physically impossible for you to have a baby together. You glanced at the timer for the second stick, another minute to go on that one. You took a deep breath, it was an error. These things weren't that reliable. The second would show up negative and if you took a third so would it. You were not pregnant, you could not be pregnant. You pulled put your phone, clicking Bonnie's contact hesitantly while you waited.

"Y/N. What's up?" Bonnie answered.

"Umm where are you? I just have a uh- a teensy teensy question."

"I'm with Caroline, setting up for tonight? You're supposed to be here, remember?"

"Yeah I'm just not feeling well." You paused shaking the stick as if that would make it go faster. "I've been throwing up the last couple of mornings." You finished, trying to ignore the words morning sickness now looming over your head.

"My grimoire has a couple of spells on illness, I'm just trying to think if there's any on stomach bugs or you could just take medicine like a normal person." Bonnie said and you heard Caroline ask something about you on the other side of the phone.

Bonnie said something else but you didn't hear her as your egg timer hit zero. You looked at the stick. Positive.

"Shit." You said before remembering you were on the phone. "Umm yeah so that question. Is there any chance like any at all, that my magic could be messing with a medical test of some sort? A pregnancy test for example..." You said slowly, wincing as you heard Caroline scream.

"Oh my god." Bonnie breathed out and you heard Caroline scramble to take the phone from her. "You can't be pregnant. Damon can't have- oh my god did you cheat on Damon?"

"I didn't cheat on Damon!" You snapped back, offended that she'd even thought of it. "The test must be wrong, I can't be pregnant Bonnie."

Bonnie stuttered. "Um- give me ten minutes, just talk to Caroline okay? I'll see what I can find out."

You nodded weakly, briefly forgetting that she couldn't see you. You hear shuffling on the phone and the two speaking distortedly before Caroline's voice came through.

"Y/N. Take a deep breath alright? How many tests have you taken?" Caroline said surprisingly calm for once.

"Two. I'll take another one, hang on." Yoi said putting the phone down and muting the microphone as you excused yourself to take the test. You picked up the phone setting the final stick down next to the other two. "Do you think if my magic's effecting it then not holding it will make a difference?"

"I don't think you have magic pee, Y/N."

"Well I have magic something because Damon's swimmers are supposed to be very dead." You replied, regrettably raising your voice at the girl though you knew she was only trying to calm you down. "What am I going to do Care? Damon doesn't want kids."

"You don't know that." Caroline said sighing. "It's just never been an option for the two of you. He loves you Y/N."

"What if he doesn't love me enough? I'm too young to have a child Caroline, what about college? How am I supposed to pay for a baby?"

"Y/N, I hate to admit it but Damon's a good guy, he'll help you with this baby. You can still go to college and it's not like money's an issue when you have compulsion. It's going to be fine."

"Are you sure?" You asked, wiping away tears you hadn't even realized were there. "How am I going to tell him?"

"You're just going to have to do it. If you need, Bonnie and I can be there for support."

"No, no. I think I need to tell him alone. I'm so scared Care, I love him so much. I don't want to lose him." You whispered, watching as the egg timer counted down it's last few seconds. "Third time's a charm right?" You paused, turning the stick over. "It's positive. I'm pregnant."

---

Damon's car seemed to roll into the driveway agonizingly late. By the clock, it was only ten minutes later than you would have expected but in your mind it was hours. You were perched on the kitchen bench, sipping on a particularly sweet cup of coffee, which you were only partially sure a pregnant woman could have but were certain that you needed. Apparently fatigue was going to be a problem for your pregnancy which was brilliant.

"Honey, I'm home." Damon called out teasingly when he walked into the room. You smiledbat the joke but the nerves, quite literally in your stomach, made it seem forced. "What's wrong?" He paused, dropping his keys on the table and immediately pouring himself a glass of bourbon.

"What makes you think something's wrong?" You said trying to sound light but failing. Damon gave you a confused look but dropped it, grabbing a second glass to pour you a bourbon. "Uh I don't want one."

"Well now I know something's wrong." Damon teased, putting the cup back. "Are you still sick?" He sympathized, walking over to you.

"No I just... I have a coffee already." You said holding up the mug, still trying to find the words to tell him the news. "How was your day honey?" You asked finally, carrying on his domesticity joke.

"I spent five hours in a car with Stefan, how do you think it went?" Damon groaned, downing the entire glass in one gulp.

"Family's good though, having them around... Children..." You said awkwardly, trying desperately to ease into the conversation.

Damon walked up, placing himself between your legs and pressing a delicate kiss to your forehead. "Babe, I'm not going to force you but something's obviously bothering you and I wish you would talk to me about it."

"I took a pregnancy test today." You whispered. Tears pricked at your eyes as you watched Damon's face fall. His hands dropped from your cheeks to his side and suddenly he felt so much further away.

"I love you Y/N so much and I hate that I can never give you a child of our own." Damon paused, his eyes red and on the verge of tears as he took your hands in his. "But we can adopt or foster or steal a kid. We can still have a family if that's what you want Y/N because I want you to have the world and the stars around it-"

"Damon, Damon. Stop." You interrupted him. With shaky hands you pulled open the drawer by your ankle and pulled out the three tests. "They were positive. I'm pregnant, Damon."

He didn't move, his eyes darting between the positive readings and your face. Damon's jaw hung slack.

"Bonnie thinks I must have accidentally pushed some of my magic into you while we were you know or something but it's yours Damon. I swear to god it's yours, I know it's impossible but-"

"We're having a baby." Damon interrupted you, finally snapping out of whatever trance he'd fallen into. His lips collided with yours almost violently, desperately. The kiss was full of need and passion, both your cheeks wet from tears. Your skin felt alight where Damon's fingers gingerly traced your stomach, knowing what was forming inside.

Damon pulled away, smiling at you. "If it's a boy we are not naming it after Stefan." He whispered and you laughed, knowing it would be the other Salvatore's first request when you told him.

"So you're okay with it?" You replied, obviously knowing the answer but wanting to hear him say it.

"Okay with it? I'm over the fucking moon Y/N." Damon told you, grinning from ear to ear as he pressed a kiss to your forehead. "I'm going to be a dad." He whispered more to himself than to you.

You leaned in close, grinning devilishly. "I'm turning your wine cellar into a playroom." You half-joked laughing at the outrage on his face.

"The baby can have Stefan's room." He added jokingly knowing there was already two guest rooms you could use. "Who needs him anyway?"

"We might still need an au pair."