Imagine #64: Damon

Imagine dating Damon and Elena trying to intervene (requested)

You and Damon had always been the loudest couple in the room. The two of you were constantly laughing and playing around, never really quieting down even when things got heavy. You partied hard, laughed loud and your fights were by all means deafening. It was when things got quiet that you realised something had gone horribly wrong. Damon wasn't laughing, he wasn't yelling, he was barely even talking. It was just silent all of a sudden. The fight that started this all had crescendoed impossibly quickly and, where words would usually echo down the street or crashes and thumps would make the neighbours wonder if you were beating each other up or into some really weird bondage stuff, there was nothing.

The Boarding House was almost hostile as you watched Damon walk out the door without so much as a glance in your direction. You were stubborn enough to not give in but this fight was killing you and you knew the cracks were showing. Damon didn't seem to have any cracks though, he'd just continued on.

"What exactly are you two fighting over?" Stefan asked cautiously, he'd watched this whole affair for days waiting for the boil over but it never came.

You hesitated before answering him. "When I got hurt last week, we fought over that but... I don't know what it's about anymore. I said some stuff I shouldn't have said, Stefan. Maybe this time, maybe I lost him, you know?" You stepped over each word carefully like a glass scattered floor stretched before you.

"Damon loves you." Stefan pointed out. "You make him better. Trust me, I had to suffer the century and a half before you." Stefan paused. "Give him time, go out with your friends for the love of god. I'm sick of seeing you mope."

--

You lasted all of an hour at the grill before you noped out and headed back home. Klaus Mikaelson had insisted on versing you in pool and his incessant little brother, Kol, had gotten far too handsy with his lesson for your liking. That combined with the cess pit that was middle class society was enough to drive you through five standards and eventually onto the walk back home. The walk seemed to drag on forever as you were dragged further and further into thoughts of Damon, the very thing you'd gone out to avoid.

It all happened in an instant. One second you were walking along the footpath, the next you were pinned against a wall as a car hurtled past dangerously close to where you had just been standing.

"You okay?" He asked softly, giving you a few moments to process exactly what had just gone down. The few people around shot you apologetic looks, the words it could have been me rattlig around their heads. You looked up slowly, studying the face of your rescuer and almost instantaneously you realised two things. He was cute and he was pressed very closely up against you. It was his eyes that captivated you most, shining with worry as you stuttered for words.

"Blue." You said without thinking and his brow crinkled and you wondered if it was possible you had brain damage. "Your eyes, they're blue." You explained lamely before the 'what' lingering on his lips could escape. His frown didn't ease and you found yourself laughing all too hard at how stupid you were being.

He laughed, backing away slowly as he realised that he was in fact still pressed against you. "I'm Damon."

"Y/N." You grinned. "I don't suppose my saviour would let me buy him some lunch maybe tell me what led you to the superhero life?" You took a chance, never having asked someone out before but figuring why the hell not. "Was that too forward?"

"I could eat." Damon admitted and you stared at him slightly too long before continuing still so wrapped up in those bright blue eyes.