Imagine #21: Kol

Imagine saving Kol from being daggered in 1914

You stormed into your shared room with Kol, almost screaming in frustration when he jumped, fumbling to hide the diamond in his hands before you saw it. Did he really think he was going to hide that thing from all of his siblings without them noticing? You doubted Klaus would even fall for the fake for very long.

"What do you think you're doing?" You snapped, crossing your arms as he turned to realise it was only you that had entered the room.

"Nothing, love. Shouldn't you be getting ready for the dance darling?" Kol lied and you nearly rolled your eyes, he was hopeless at lying to you.

"Since when do we keep secrets from each other Kol? What is that diamond for?" You asked, taking a seat next to him and grabbing his hand, still raging mad but burying it for the time being.

Kol sighed, turning to face you. He pulled your lips to his briefly before his attention drifted, ghosting his ears past your ear. "I'm going to dagger Klaus." He whispered almost breathlessly as if it was the most important thing he'd ever said and perhaps it was because in his mind once his brother was gone the two of you would have limitless possibilities together.

You couldn't help the noise that escaped your throat. Kol couldn't honestly think this was a good idea could he? Elijah and Rebekah may hate being locked away by Klaus but they wouldn't just accept him falling to the same fate, especially not if Kol was the one to do it.

"You can not be serious." You finally said shaking your head. "You know I'll wait for you no matter how long he daggers you for but this is just reckless and stupid and he'll find out-"

"It's worth it." Kol affirmed, pressing a kiss to your forehead in an attempt to calm you down. "And before you say something about how my revenge trip is foolish; I'm doing this for us." He paused, running a hand down your arm until your hand was entwined in his. "I've watched Klaus kill everyone Rebekah and Elijah have ever loved, I can't take the risk that he'll do the same to you." He sighed, his eyes capturing yours.

"And you can't risk getting daggered for me either, Kol. I'm not letting you do this, I swear to go-" You began but he cut you off yet again.

"I have never loved someone until you, Y/N. You were and still are my saviour. The one thing stopping me from sinking into the darkest depths of what it means to be a vampire. So yes I'm going behind my brother's back but believe me when I say that the only reason I do any of this is because I can't stomach the idea of losing you. I love you Y/N and whether you let me or not I will never stop protecting you." Kol said softly and you couldn't help the smile that fell on your lips despite the worry in the pit of your stomach.

"Kol, I love you but you can't just-" You began.

"Darling, we both know I'm too deep into this to back out now and frankly I really don't want to... Just say you trust me... Please." Kol said softly, pausing to press a kiss to your hand, being even more affectionate than usual.

"I trust you, Kol Mikaelson." You smiled, rising to your feet. "But that does not mean I'm not going to go out of my bloody mind if something happens tonight so for the love of God, Kol; stay on your siblings good side would you?"

Kol stood up coming almost chest to chest with you. "Anything for you my love." He grinned and despite his words you couldn't calm your heart rate. Tonight was not going to end well.