Imagine #23: Alec (Shadowhunters)

Imagine having been Alec's best friend and crush and dying on a mission (requested)

"Okay guys you know the drill, nobody talks to, approaches, or interacts with Alec in any way for the next three days minimum. In case of an emergency, remember the trigger words we discussed last year. Izzy had a great suggestion this year and we're now adding the word angel to the list as it set him off last year. If worst comes to worst direct Alec towards Izzy or I and we'll take the brunt of the pain. I'm handing out the trigger word list now as well as a map of safe places that you may hide if you see Alec coming, the red areas are places you should avoid as much as possible including the rooftop, training room and East housing wing." Jace stopped for a second looking to Izzy for her to continue.

Clary watched on curiously at the gathering of Shadowhunters before her, in all her time here she'd never seen a big meeting like this where everyone was present. She wasn't sure what it could possibly be about.

"This is not a drill people. We've done the easier days, this is the big one. It's been exactly a year since what happened. Hodge will be on guard for any movement for the first six hours, someone will be rostered for the shift after that. If you sustain an injury either from Alec or in trying hide yourself there is a list of suitable healing runes on the back of your map. Any questions?" Izzy finished looking over the small crowd of people that made up the Brooklyn Institute. No hands went up. "Okay people, disperse, crowds are easier to catch."

Clary looked at the scene around her completely baffled. She spotted Jace through the crowd and ran over to him. "Jace what's going on?"

He sighed and stopped walking. "There was a Shadowhunter here. The four of us had been together since we were kids. Izzy and I were close with them but- Alec and Y/N were always best friends. He was so hopelessly in love, he's always been grumpy but with them, he was something else entirely.  Y/N was killed by circle members, a year ago today."

Clary slapped Jace right across the face. "That's horrible. How could you abandon Alec at a time like this?" She said angrily.

Jace's whole demeanour changed. "Y/N was one of my best friends, you don't think that I'm upset? You haven't seen Alec on days like these, there's a reason we stay away."

"I'm going to go talk to him, he needs his friends." Clary insisted stomping away.

"You're digging your own grave Clary." Jace called after her, waving the sheet of trigger words.

Alec let himself into Y/N's room without knocking, probably beyond the point of caring.

"Max told me the truth, you're still injured!" Alec yelled almost angrily.

Y/N walked lazily out of the bathroom, an old shirt of Alec's clung to their still slightly wet torso. "What are you yelling about?" Y/N said casually, knowing they were baiting him.

"Let me see your stomach." Alec demanded, trying to ignore how much he liked seeing Y/N in one of his shirts, or how big the shirt was on them.

"Are you flirting with me  Lightwood?" Y/N smirked, backing up a little bit regardless.

"Please, I just need to see how bad it is." Alec pleaded, speaking quietly for the first time.

"Hhmm... no. Now out of my room." She said teasing him.

Alec sighed and reached over grabbing the hem of the shirt and pulling it upwards.

"Alec no." Y/N said pushing it back down. "I'm not even wearing pants."

"Well put some on. I have to see the cut."