Imagine #4: Isaac (Teen Wolf)

Imagine always being there for Isaac when things get too hard at home

1 new text message from: Lahey
Dad found my report

Message to: Lahey
Is everything okay?

1 new text message from: Lahey
Not really
I'll call you tomorrow morning to let you know if I'll make it to school or not

Message to: Lahey
No, I'm coming to get you

"Hey dad? I'm going to go pick up Isaac." Y/N called as she searched for her car keys. Her dad grunted some sort of reply, too buried in a stack of accounting work to really care.

The drive to Isaac's took all of five minutes plus the minute it took her to find a place to park that was both out of sight from Isaac's house so his dad wouldn't see him leave and close enough that Isaac wouldn't have to walk a mile just to get there. She quickly sent him a text letting him know she was there and waited until the familiar head of curly hair popped up at her passenger door window.

Isaac was a mess. A sweltering bruise engulfed his left eye and was only going to get worse in the next couple of hours. His hair stuck out everywhere. His cheeks were tear stained and eyes blotchy. He held his arm at an angle that indicated to Y/N straight away that he was trying to pretend it hadn't been mangled in some way. Isaac fell into the car seat with a sigh not yet saying a word.

"How bad?" Y/N asked softly.

"Better than last year." Isaac said trying to hide the small squeak that escaped his throat when he spoke.

Y/N reached over taking Isaac's hand in hers and rubbing her thumb over his fingers comfortingly. "Nothing about what your father does is okay, you know that right?"

"Can we not talk about it?" Isaac said his head hung low as he averted his gaze from Y/N's.

Y/N nodded taking her hand from his and returning it to the wheel as she pulled onto the road. "You hungry then?"

"Starving, I haven't eaten since lunch." Isaac admitted with a grin as Y/N pulled unto the McDonald's drive thru.

They ordered and split the cost seeing as Isaac refused to let her pay for him and she was just as stubborn that whoever has a black eye gets free dinner. Y/N parked the car in the parking lot under a streetlight as Isaac flipped down the glove box to use it as a food tray.

"When did we become this classy?" Y/N said sarcastically, dumping her legs on Isaac's lap as she turned sideways in her seat. "Want to play truths?"

"I'm pretty sure I already know everything about you." Isaac countered.

"Is that a challenge Lahey?" Y/N laughed.

"I believe it was." Isaac said. "I bet I could correctly answer more truths about you than you could about me."

"You're on Lahey. You first." Y/N said.

"Favourite food?" Isaac challenged.

"Midnight McDonalds but only with me." Y/N laughed shaking the fries in his direction. "Favourite song?"

"Heathens by Twenty One Pilots because you've listened to it non-stop for the last three days." Isaac answered with ease. "Favourite colour?"

"Navy blue same as that scarf you bought last week." Y/N said flicking an eyebrow up as a challenge. "Favourite TV Show?"

"The Originals and your favourite character is Elijah despite the fact that I keep telling you that Kol is better." Isaac answered pausing to think of another question. "First crush?"

"Lydia Martin." Y/N said confidently.

"Wrong. I never had a crush on Lydia." Isaac said with a grin.

"No way! I remember, it was in first grade and you told me and Stiles Stilinski overheard and tried to stick your fingers in the electric pencil sharpener." Y/N protested.

"I only told you that so you wouldn't figure out who I really had a crush on." Isaac said almost proudly. He never won bets against Y/N this was a first.

"Wait, who did you have a crush on?" Y/N laughed, throwing another fry at him.

Isaac coughed awkwardly looking away for a moment before answering. "Umm you."

"You liked me?" Y/N raised an eyebrow.

"When we were like seven yeah." Isaac said before pausing. "Not now though." He said screwing his face up.

"Excuse you, Lahey. You would be lucky to date me." Y/N laughed, framing her face with her hands.

"I didn't say you were ugly. I've just spent too much time as your best friend. I sleep in your bed at least twice a week. This is going to sound really cliche but it'd be like dating my sister." Isaac defended himself. "Besides aren't you still in love with Scott McCall?"

Y/N laughed throwing the rubbish in her lap at the curly haired boy. "All I did was say he looked like a puppy!"