Imagine #36: Klaus

Imagine Klaus meeting your family

"This is a terrible idea." You said as Klaus took a left onto your parents street. "Why did I suggest this?"

"Love, calm down." Klaus rolled his eyes. "I can act like abnormal human being you know."

"I doubt that." You countered, the panic fading. "What if they don't like you?"

"Then I'll murder them in cold blood." Klaus said sarcastically. "Or compel them."

"You're not compelling my family, we discussed this." You said ignoring his joke as you were feeling legitimately shaky.

"Aren't I supposed to be the one panicking love?" Klaus mused, pulling up outside your family home.

"Well you're not and someone has to." You paused. "You do realise that almost everything I've told my parents about you is a lie right? Your age, job, species."

Klaus took your hand, tracing small patterns on your palm with his fingers. "I'll be on my best behaviour love." He said and you swallowed your panic settling in the pit of your stomach despite his words. He rolled his eyes pressing an affectionate kiss to your hand. "I love you Y/N but if you don't calm down I'm going to have to carry you into that dinner and somehow I don't think that would make the best first impression."

You laughed. "Okay okay fine. Repeat the stuff I told you."

"I'm Klaus Mikaelson. I'm 25. I'm an industrial investor, did you have to give me such a boring job, love?" He said and you glared at him.

"She put me on the spot what did you want me to say? Oh by the way Mom, my boyfriends a thousand years old and basically the mafia boss of the supernatural world? Oh and sometimes he breaks every bone in his body and turns into a dog but don't worry I asked him not to drink your blood."

"Well I wouldn't have put it quite like that." Klaus mused. "I would've thrown in the bit about me saving your life four no- five times now?" He said, opening his car door and stepping out. You waited, knowing he would walk around an open your side, something he always did on dates which this quantifiably was.

You snorted at his remark. "Once. The second time was because the Salvatore's were angry at you, the third was your newly unsired hybrids and the fourth was your bloody mother. It doesn't count if I'm only in danger because you like me."

Klaus opened your door, taking your hand as you slid out of the car. "Plus the time you crashed your car in the snow. That makes two which I would say is much higher than the standard industrial investor love."

"You're an idiot." You scoffed.

"I'm in love with you is what I am." Klaus said as the two of you reached the front door. You smiled, hoping you didn't blush as you rung the doorbell. Klaus stiffened as a clatter of dishes and voices echoed through the house as what sounded like your entire family rushed to the door. It opened and you breathed a sigh of relief as only your mother was there. Klaus however, looked like a deer in headlights.

"Y/N, how are you honey?" Your mom said, pulling you straight into a bone-crushing hug. You opened your mouth to reply but she was already moving on, looking Klaus up and down for a moment. "And this must be the young man." She said grinning. "I'm Y/M/N, she never stops talking about you, you know?"

Klaus smirked and held out his hand for your mother to shake. "Klaus, it's nice to finally meet you." He said and you noted the awkwardness in his tone though your mother probably didn't notice it at all. You laughed as your mom batted away Klaus' hand and hugged him, taking him by surprise.