Imagine #53: Silas

Imagine Silas falling for you

"Tess may be a psycho but she's a bonafide genius." Damon muttered, hanging up the phone. "The anchor's not a thing. It's a person."

"Amara." Jeremy said slowly, coming to the same conclusion as you had.

"Then Silas is about to crack open a whole pot of crazy." You said, cursing under your breath. "If Amara's still alive she's spent 2000 years in a box talking to ghosts."

"And Silas is crazy enough on his own." Damon muttered. "What are waiting for a starting gun? Split up, chop chop." Damon grumbled.

You took the back entrance, hoping to god Silas hadn't taken the car yet. Partially because you didn't feel like walking back to Mystic Falls from here, especially not with Damon muttering about his Elena problems the whole way.

"The cure flows in your veins." You heard a girl's voice whisper and you followed the sound until you saw the doppelgängers huddled together by a bin. You couldn't help but roll your eyes at what a romantic setting it was.

Silas nodded. "I was willing to die for you." He said and you briefly considered just letting them leave but the whole Quetsiyah having Elena and Stefan captive thing kind of ruined that train of thought.

"I love you, Silas." Amara whispered, burrowing her face in his neck. "I just can't live another day." She finished and you saw the glass shard in her hand too late.

Without thinking you rushed forward and pushed her off of Silas before she could suck the cure out or whatever her insane plan was.

"Phasmatos radium calorie." You muttered watching as Amara squealed and collapsed on the ground. Her hands clutched her head as her eyes, fluttered shut.

"What did you do?" Silas yelled at you and it took everything in you not to slap some sense into him right then and there.

"I just gave her an aneurysm. You do remember that she stabbed you just now right?" You rolled your eyes, beginning to walk away from him. Stopping you turned to look at him. "Are you coming or not?"

"S-she stabbed me." Silas whispered, his voice shaking and you felt a pang of sympathy for him. You'd had your own fair share of misguided love affairs, Kol Mikaelson being the worst of them. "I gave up everything for her." He yelled, his voice thick with anger and grief.

"Not to interrupt but you're mortal and if you don't patch up that artery soon you will die, just letting you know." You said trying to maintain the distance you'd placed between the two of you.

Silas nodded shakily and you let your guard slip enough to place a hand on his back reassuringly. He leaned on you slightly as you led him to your car and he muttered to himself about Amara but you tuned it out. You pulled your first aid kit out and a water bottle. Gently, you pushed his jaw upwards to access the wound properly and began squirting the water bottle over it in an attempt to flush away any glass and blood to see the wound properly.

"What do I do now?" Silas said quietly and you took a deep breath, trying to decide if you were going to push Damon's agenda onto him or talk to him honestly.

"You need to live for yourself." You said deciding on the latter. "Whether that means making a mortal life or joining a cult or even if you still think its your time to die. That's your decision now and you need to make it for yourself not for Amara." You said taping a bandage over the wound. He was lucky, Amara hadn't even managed to hit the artery, the cut probably didn't even need stitches though that was a decision your first aid course did not qualify you to make.

"Maybe she didn't mean it." Silas protested, reaching the denial stage of his despair. Though really he'd been in denial about Amara long before this, you suspected. "She loves me."

You slammed the box shut and glared at him. "For the love of God get this through your head the so called love of your life just tried to kill you. It doesn't matter if she loves you or not or even if you love her because she wants to kill herself and the only way for her to do that is to rip your bloody head off. Got it? I know that everything you did was for her and it sucks but this is the real world and mutually assured destruction is not a basis for a healthy relationship." You ranted all too harshly.

"Thank you." Silas said quietly, like he didn't even want you to hear him so you let it slide. Instead you gave him a reassuring nod and turned to go drag Amara's body to the less noble of the Salvatore brothers.

--

"Damon? Am I going crazy or is that guy following us?" You whispered, eyes darting back towards the man behind you.

"For about ten minutes now but good for you picking up on that." Damon replied dryly. "I was going to kill him but then I realized, he's not following me, he's following you." Damon paused, grinning to himself. "I would suggest putting those witchy powers to use though, can't have him tailing you all the way home." Damon winked and you glanced back at him again.

You turned back to find Damon had disappeared and sighed over-dramatically. You'd asked him to help train you for the whole supernatural threat thing and ever since he'd been putting you in situations like this and running for the hills. Genuinely, you didn't know why he was still your best friend.

"Alright then. Solving the mystery... The Mikaelson's are definitely out of town and the Traveler's couldn't care less about my witch line so... Silas, let the poor guy go home." You called out hoping to god you were right. The two thousand year old witch had been fascinated with you since that night at the warehouse and it was growing tiresome trying to figure out what he wanted.

"You do know you could have spelled your way into his head right?" Silas commented, appearing behind you. You whipped around and glared at him as he motioned for the tail he'd had on you to leave.

"But that was exactly what you wanted. I don't have to get inside your head to figure you out Silas." You paused. "But I'll ask anyway. Why are you following me?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" He smirked. You huffed, deciding to ignore the ages old witch instead.

"Fine don't tell me." You debated walking away but decided against it. "But you know what I think Silas? I think you like me. I think you've spent so long attaching your identity to a girl that you don't know who you are without it. I think you're infatuated with me because you don't know what else to do and frankly? I don't want any part in that."

Silas fell silent and you sighed turning to walk away from him. That's what I thought, you said to yourself, deciding you'd rubbed enough salt in the wound. In truth, you were pushing Silas away more so for your own selfish fear than his own issues but you couldn't admit that, even to yourself.

--

You hummed to yourself as you chopped up some tomato for the pasta sauce that the internet had promised you would be a piece of cake so to speak.

The doorbell chimed and you dropped the knife and wiped your hands on a dish cloth before heading to answer it. You opened the door slowly, always wary that the Salvatore's latest enemy would be on the other side.

Silas' looked healthier than the last time you'd seen him. His eyes no longer hung in bags and a genuine smile twitched at his lips as you opened the door. In his hands he held a small bouquet, the petals fresh and unblemished though the stems lay bent and snapped in his trembling hands. His knuckles white as he clutched them tightly, nerves blatantly obvious.

"You're wrong." Silas said quietly. "I don't want to replace Amara. I don't want to fill a void."

"Then what do you want." You asked, eyes trailing down to the flowers.

"I want to be happy." Silas deadpanned. "I want people to trust me, to live whatever mortal days I have left and enjoy it. I want to take you on a stupid human date and forget that this world doesn't want me anymore."

You bit your lip, letting a grin spread across your face. You nodded despite the doubts flying through your mind. "Okay."