Imagine #7: Elijah

Imagine Elijah asking you on a date

You took a seat at the bar next to Damon, motioning to the bartender to get you your usual.

"Since when do you day drink?" Damon smirked, downing the last of his glass.

"Elijah asked to meet me, if you must know." You countered, rolling your eyes.

"You're getting involved with the Mikaelsons now?" Damon groaned as the bartender handed you your drink.

"I'm a big girl Damon, I can take care of myself." You sighed, downing her drink in some gulp. Elijah entered the bar and you waved to him, making Damon roll his eyes and turn away from you as Elijah approached.

"Y/N, thank you for coming." Elijah said as he reached your side. Something seemed off with him, you thought. He seemed nervous.

"No problem 'Lijah. What's up?" You said casually patting the chair next to you for him to sit.

"Is this a museum? Because uh-" Elijah paused licking his lips and looking embarrassed. "You must be a work of art?" He said finishing it like it was a question and it was all you could do not to collapse in a fit of giggles. Apparently Damon could not extend the same courtesy as he snorted from behind the two of you making Elijah become even more flustered.

"I'm sorry what?" You managed to say without laughing, unsure of what Elijah was actually trying to accomplish here.

"That didn't work..." Elijah said refusing to meet your gaze. "I value my breath so it would be nice if you didn't uh- take it away every time I saw you." He tried again and this time you let out a very unladylike snort before regaining control. Meanwhile Damon was cackling without any remorse, making Elijah look almost ashamed of what he'd just said.

"How about we take this outside before Damon gets any ruder." You suggested, glaring at Damon on your way past. Despite how funny the originals' pickup lines were what he was doing was very sweet and you hated to think Damon was making him feel bad about it. Elijah followed you out of the Mystic Grill so that the two of you could be alone before speaking again.

"This is going about as well as I think it is isn't it?" Elijah muttered and you weren't sure if he was actually asking you or just stating it.

"Elijah, what are you doing?" You asked as sweetly as you could.

"I wanted to ask you on a date but Klaus kept telling me it has been too long since I last asked a woman out so I asked Kol for help and he told me to search the internet and then... that happened..." Elijah tried to explain, more flustered than you'd ever seen him. His usual air of collectedness had seemingly disappeared.

"Oh god." You said laughing a little despite yourself. "Elijah, if you wanted me to accompany you to dinner all you had to do was ask."

"Yes well my brothers would have me believe otherwise it would seem." Elijah replied smiling slightly.

"And in any case you do know that your whole century old charm thing would probably work on most girls today still. Kind of the whole Cinderella fantasy we grew up with." You assured him.

"I assure you I am usually a more sophisticated speaker but quite frankly you make me nervous, something I haven't experienced in centuries and perhaps that is why you captivate me so fully... Y/N Y/L/N, would you give me the pleasure of accompanying me to my families ball tomorrow evening and possibly forget about the entirety of my earlier attempts to ask you on this date?" Elijah asked you sweetly.

"I would be honoured." You said with a horrendous sort of half curtsy making Elijah chuckle.