Imagine #46: Raphael (Shadowhunters)

Imagine Raphael having a soft spot for you even though you're a shadowhunter (requested)

"You lost him?" You stared at your brother in disbelief. "I'm sorry how did three trained shadowhunters lose a mundane boy?"

"I was watching Clary." Jace shrugged. Alec rolled his eyes behind his back but stayed quiet. He and Izzy were trying to get in contact with the Clave to actually ask permission to host a search mission.

"Congratulations, your medal's on the way. In the meantime you just broke the accords." You snapped sarcastically.

"How is it my fault that vampires took him?" Jace said as annoyed as you were.

You opened your mouth to reply but not before the newest addition to the crew decided to burst in. "How could you do this Jace! Simon is my friend and now he's gone! You promise-"

"He didn't promise you anything. You insisted that we bring Simon and you put him in harms way. Don't you dare yell at my brother about this." You snapped, watching how quickly Clary stepped back away from Jace.

"I can't get hold of the Clave, Y/N." Alec called out. "We're doing this unsanctioned... so you're in charge."

"Wait why am I in charge?" You asked at the same time that Clary decided to ask. "Alec you're the oldest just-"

"You've got experience with Dumort vampires." Alec paused. "And I'm not taking the blame if we start a war either." He added and you rolled your eyes but nodded anyway.

---

You walked confidently into the Hotel Dumort hoping that somehow your aura would stop twenty bloodthirsty newborns from latching onto you the second you entered the door. You were relying solely on your history in the downworld and whatever respect they had for the accords to protect you and frankly it wasnt a good idea.

"Shadowhunter!" Someone yelled and silence fell over the hustling foyer. At least thirty faces stared at you in varying states of shock and anger and more were edging their way onto the scene.

"I'm here to collect the mundane." You announced. "He is under the protection of the Clave in addition to the safety guaranteed by the accords."

"Not a chance, shadowhunter. The deal was the mundane for the mortal cup." Someone said as the group began to close in on you. You flipped a seraph blade into your hand, keeping it sheathed for now knowing that they would pounce the second you wielded it.

"In what universe is a mundane worth the mortal cup? I mean he's a nice kid but seriously?" You taunted and one of the vampires lurched out to grab you. You stepped aside, avoiding him all too easily but another latched onto your arm from behind and took your seraph blade from your grip.

"Let her go." A voice rang down from above and most of the vampires around you scattered backwards.

"She broke the accords, Raphael. A shadowhunter cannot enter our grounds." The one latching onto your arm protested. "You're not in charge round here anyway what makes you think I'm going to let the shadowhunters walk all over us downworlders just because you've gone soft for a pretty face."

"I said, let go of her. She stood trial against the Clave for this clan and in return we agreed to the accords. That means you can't kill her, chorra."

The vampire groaned but released you anyway with an unceremonious shove straight into Raphael. You straightened yourself, putting on your best Maryse Lightwood face as a representative of the New York Institute.

Raphael stared down the other vampire, muttering under his breath. "Pienabombillas." He said motioning for you to follow him. "I apologise for their behavior, they forget what you did for us."

"All I did was tell the truth. The Clave can stick it if they thought they were going to blame an obvious demon attack on the downworlders. They just wanted to push the accords." You said honestly, recalling your first encounter with the vampire.

"Regardless, I doubt it put you in good standing with your institute." He said and you nodded not sure how to reply. "You are here for the mundane boy, correct?" He continued and you nodded once again. "Camille is keeping him in her quarters, I don't have the authority to release him but if I get her out of the room there's a tunnel you can use to get to the roof. I'll deal with Camille's anger afterwards."

"That's... surprisingly helpful." You said without thinking.

Raphael shrugged. "I owe you, hermosa." He said his fingers grazing your arm and for the briefest moment you thought he was going to kiss you. You had to be going insane. You wanted a vampire to kiss you; a shadowhunter.