Imagine #58: Mikaelson Family

Imagine the Mikaelsons taking you in after the death of your parents (requested)

Your legs carried you out the doors of the school bus and across the immaculate lawn in an instant. The front door steps thudded beneath your bouncing feet as you charged through the front door at an altogether alarming rate. Your school bag fell to the ground behind you somewhere long forgotten as you began your search.

The kitchen was empty, the library followed until you heard voices in the parlor. You grinned, inviting yourself to join the second you recognized Elijah's voice within.

Two men took up the left of the room, neither of them at all familiar to you. Elijah seemed almost surprised to see you as you cautiously crossed the room to greet him, the two strangers practically glaring at you as they attempted to figure out why there was a small child in the Mikaelson house.

Elijah knelt down to your eye level, pushing your disheveled hair back away from your face as he did so. "How was your day sweetheart?" He asked, obviously trying to ignore the two bewildered guests.

You ignored his question too unnerved by the presence of the other two instead choosing to lean into his ear to whisper. "Who are they?"

"Stefan and Damon Salvatore. They're... friends of mine." Elijah hesitated and you nodded, knowing exactly what his hesitance meant.

"Are they the ones with the stakes?" You asked, your grip on Elijah's sleeve tightening slightly as you glanced at the two Salvatore warily.

Elijah sighed, pressing a kiss to your forehead. "You've been eavesdropping again." He said more so to himself.

"I didn't mean to, I was looking for the white paint in Nik's room and I heard him and Rebekah talking about it. I'm sorry, Dad."

"Not to interrupt this wonderful family moment but when and how did you get a daughter?" The darker haired of the Salvatore's asked and you shuffled back a little further away from him and his brother without thinking.

"Damon, you're scaring the poor girl." The other brother pointed out and Elijah's grip on you tightened incrementally.

"Stefan, he has a secret child locked away in his mansion. How is this not alarming you?" Damon grumbled, waving his arms around like a maniac as he spoke. "So what is she? Tiny vampire? Crazy wolf? Tricked out witch? I mean there has to be some reason why you'd want her."

It took everything in Elijah not to snap Damon's neck right then and there but with you still in the room he had to restrain himself. "Say one more word against my daughter and whatever fabricated security you have against the wrath of this family will mean nothing, Damon." Elijah said choosing his words carefully for your ears.

"Damon, let it go. We need this truce and you know it." Stefan said, physically pulling his brother back into line with him.

"Y/N, why don't you go pack away your lunchbox and then we'll go out for afternoon tea." Elijah said, calming his voice as best he could.

You glanced briefly towards the two Salvatore brothers before deciding to trust in Elijah. "Can we get ice cream?" You asked, eyes lighting up at the idea. Elijah nodded, laughing to himself as you ran off excited once again.

Elijah waited until you were well out of earshot before he spoke, using the time deciding whether or not he should snap Damon's neck or if that would be too reckless. "Her name is Y/N." He began, deciding that to hide information from the two Salvatores would only put you in more danger. "I took her in when she was three after her parents tried to sacrifice her and if we are to have a truce you will never refer to her as anything but a Mikaelson. Do we have an understanding?"