Imagine #57: Kai

Imagine Kai struggling to cope with your death (requested)

A/N: I'm too stubborn to deal with canon plot so I'm keeping the other side and Jeremy's ghost powers in tact for the purposes of this imagine

"Do you really think I care if you kill me?" The words rolled bitterly off of Kai's tongue and he felt you tense beside him, immediately regretting the words. If he died it would hurt you and he'd already caused you enough pain for a lifetime.

"You murdered my children, your own family!" Joshua raised his voice, more Gemini witches emerging from the trees by the second.

"I'm not letting you touch him." You pushed yourself away from his side, stepping defensively in front of him. He could see your confidence waned slightly as you realized there was very little you could do to stop Joshua.

"I don't have to touch him to hurt him." He ended, smirking to himself. Kai could see the sick satisfaction he took in his revenge, flickering in his eyes. "You shouldn't have chosen my son over your coven, Y/N."

"Don't you dare touch her!" He lunged forward but the combined power of the coven stopped him before he could move more than a few inches. "Kill me, torture me, whatever you need to do." He pleaded, voice cracking as he watched you frozen in place.

"This is your punishment Malachai. To feel the same profound loss that we have felt as a result of your actions. It is the only way to make you see the monstrosity of what you've done." Joshua spoke coldly, disconnected from himself and what he was becoming.

Bound by the magic of the coven he watched as you began to cough violently, falling to your knees as your own weight overcame you.

Your eyes found his and he felt a scream rip from his lungs, drowning out the words falling from your bloody lips. He made out his name or rather half of hit before you heaved violently once more. Blood splattered the once crisp white snow  beneath you as your organs began to liquify, their magic tearing you apart.

"I'm going to fix this Y/N, I love you, I'll bring you back, I'll find a way." He whispered, struggling to keep himself calm in whatever moments were left. He didn't want you to die watching him scream bloody murder. You deserved hope.

The picture always dragged him back to that memory but Kai couldn't find it within himself to throw it away. It was a piece of you, the scraps left forgotten in his prison world, his own personal hell where every trace of you was somehow all too present and a distant memory all at once. You were in the snow, bundled in endless layers of fleece lined hand me downs but your face was alight. His eyes were trained on you, the camera long forgotten, as he watched the snow collect in your frozen hair. Your eyes danced from treetop to treetop so blissfully unaware that you were living your final days.

Kai found himself thinking about you more and more as of late. Bonnie had already caught him talking to you once and he'd had to cover it up like he was crazy. Perhaps he was but it was a comfort, one that was hard to shake after twenty years of solitude. It had become worse since Damon and Bonnie had arrived. He always thought having people around would make it easier but instead he felt himself bittering as the two laughed and chattered amongst themselves. The words clawed at his insides, a constant chatter knawing at his skull; he had killed you.

--

Kai glared at Jeremy's unconscious body, he was taking too long. The Mystic Falls Gang was already on his tail and he was quickly running out of time. He'd spent weeks siphoning enough magic to kidnap the Gilbert boy after hearing about his connection to the other side and he didn't intend for his chat with you to be cut short by the rescue squad.