Chapter 13: Anger

-Harry's POV-

I knew Matthew's birthday was coming up soon and Cassie would want her there for that. They all would. But I don't know if management would even let me. She was already pissed enough. I couldn't handle it. I hated the feeling of her hating me and here I was taking her child away and I wasn't even trying. I was sitting on the bed my head in my hands. My head was hurting from this.

"Daddy what's wrong" I hear her tiny little voice as she comes and sits beside me.

"Do you wanna go home baby" I ask looking at her. She looks down at her twiddling fingers.

"I miss them" she says as a tear rolls down her face. I pull her onto my lap.

"We are gonna go and see them for Matthew's birthday? How does that sound" I say smiling and her beautiful smile appears as she nods.

"She is truly beautiful" Chloe says smiling towards us.

"Wait till you see her mum" I say smiling.

"She your actual girlfriend?" She asks.

"She was. She's engaged now" I say frowning. Why was I acting like this.

"Do you love her?" She asks looking at me.

"No.. I don't. I've moved on. Ugh yes I do! And I hate seeing them together" I groan.

"Tell her" she says.

"What? Are you crazy?" I ask shocked.

"No. If you don't tell her she will get married to him. Who knows maybe she secretly loves you" she says. "Before it's to late" she says frowning herself.

"Tell me what happened" I say. Well more like demand.

"The boy I was inlove with. Thought I was over him so he moved on and I watched him get married because I couldn't admit that in time and it was to late. I lost him" she says a tear falls down.

"I'm sorry.. Are you still close with him?" I find myself asking. Knowing I should have shut up. This is obviously a soft subject. Maybe she was right. I needed to tell her before she got married. Knowing it would be to late any other way. 

"No. That's the thing it was to hard. Seeing him with her. I started ignoring his calls and he slowly stopped trying to contact me and now we never talk, I still miss him everyday. You see, seeing the person you love with someone else hurts. Right? Well after they get married they are obviously proclaiming their neverending love and it would just be cruel to tell her after they have made that commitment. Just tell her soon okay?" she tells me as more tears fall down her face. 

"I'm-" I began to say but she cuts me off.

"Save it" she says before looking down at Darcy who was now reading a book. Well flipping throught the pages attempting to read some of the words since it was a picture book with few words. 

"Dat me and maffew. He my brover" she says pointing to a boy and a girl together. She obviously pulled this book out for a reason. The book was warn out and you could tell it was used a lot it must be her favourite book. The way her face lit up when he was brought up or she was just thinking about it him was amazing. It was like she actually saw him as her brother. Maybe someday we can have another kid so she can have an actual sibling of her own. My phone began ringing and Darcy immediately looked over. I could tell she was hoping that it was either her mum or Matthew. I shook my head and her face shrunk and she looked down right back at her book tracing over the picture of the boy and the girl. I could tell she missed Matthew and that made my heart sink. I hated seeing her sad. I looked at my phone seeing that it was management. Great.

"Hello" I say into the phone. 

"Hello Harry, I know that you really don't want to do this but we have to tell everyone that Darcy's mum is Chloe tonight" he says. I groan out loud. Yeah your damn right I don't want to do this. She isn't Darcy's mum and Cassie will surely never talk to me again and be on the next plane out. 

"I can't" I say honestly. I don't think I will be able to. 

"We are really sorry about this Harry but you were the one who decided you wanted to bring her out here with you. So you have to do this or you may lose your job" he says.