Chapter 66

Randhir's pov :

" common drink this milk fast " sanyukta handed a glass of yellow turmeric milk to sadh and he cringed his nose instantly.
" why ? I want chocolate milk" he whined banging his feet on the ground ; this while i took my clothes and sadh's towel and put them in the drier which was in the end of her kitchen ; i had my back facing them while they were talking.
" sadh " sanyukta might have glared cause his whining sound immediately stopped " no na mumma ; i don't like its taste and then i won't be able to sleep till late ; anyways no one is there to even tell me a story today ; you know na po.." before sadh could speak sanyukta stopped him " saddy I'll tell you a bedtime story just have it " i turned around to look at them as i felt a pair of eyes starring me ; i mean common any individual can make out if someone is staring at them ; she was actually looking at me ; a certain fear was visible in her eyes ; she looked unsure ; of what ? I had not idea but it hurt to look at those unsure eyes.
I turned away and started walking away when sanyukta called my name ; i turned around faking a smile and it disappeared as soon as i saw another glass of turmeric milk ; when did she make this ?
" when you were putting the clothes away in the drier " she answered as if she read my mind and as she realised her eyes widened out of shock.
" ohh its okay ; i..i am fine i can sleep without this" my mind yelled me to tell this but then anything and everything given by her to me was like water for a thirsty person ; was like light for someone who stayed a long time in darkness.
Being careful to not touch her i took the glass from her hand ; shock was written all over her face but then sadh's whining got her out of her trance.
" you know what sanyukta ; let it be sadh won't be able to finish it ; give me ill have two glasses " i tried taking the glass from sadh's but he just pulled it back careful to not spill it.
" challenge " and yet again his smirk resembled my smirk.
" challenge " i smirked and on a count of three by sanyukta we started drinking the milk.
It was very bad ; pathetic;  it took both of us two minutes to finish it.
" i win " sadh yelled licking his yellow moustache.
" i win " i mimicked his actions skiping the yelling part.
" cheater " he yelled as i picked him up and carried him upstairs " you know you should drink one glass everyday even you will get muscles like mine " i whispered while carrying him on my back.
Laying him on his bed ; i was about to leave
" storyyyy " sadh called out and i stopped.
" i..i don't know bedtime stories " i felt such ashamed as a father know.
" ughh unclee " he pouted and an idea came running " uhh actually what if i tell you a story ?" I smiled and his face lit up instantly.
I slept besides him and he hugged me ; i started with a bollywood comedy but then somehow it ended on spiderman with batmam fighting with parth and soon he was asleep.
Sanyukta came to check on us ; i guess after cleaning the kitchen and everything " he slept ?" She asked almost in a whisper.
" shush don't be loud " even though a whisper it could wake sadh up.
" i told him a story and he fell asleep " i whispered and she took a minute to process what i just told her.
" common m a director the least i can do is to tell my son a story " i was proud of myself today.
" yes directorr " she faked a smile and left the room switching the lights behind her.
I wanted to go behind her but then it was already a longgg longgg night and even she needed rest.

To be continued ❤